PDA

View Full Version : water choke weber pics?

POS carb
08-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Anybody have a pic of the water choke webers? I want to see them, I'd prefer it to the electric setup if it's easy to do just have no idea what I would need to set it up so a pic would help.

A20A1
08-01-2003, 03:09 PM
take the hoses off the intake manifold and run them to the carb choke instead. oh and plug that small coolant line under the intaks manifold.

Does the 38mm you're getting have water choke?
look at carbs.net to see pics of the water choke.

POS carb
08-01-2003, 04:53 PM
i haven't ordered it yet, that's why I was asking

PhydeauX
08-01-2003, 06:45 PM
You live in miami, I don't think you'll have a problem with either choice ;). Personaly I think the manual choke is best, when you want it done right do it yourself. There are some pics of the water choke in the haynes weber book, alot of the older cars that came from the factory with a dgv had water chokes. There are two styles, one has both the inlet and outlet on one side, the other has one on each side. Not that it makes any diference which is which.

andy

POS carb
08-04-2003, 11:42 AM
it's just that water choke seems to make the most sense to me because the choke reqirements are directly related to engine/manifold temp and if it's a really cold day per say and it takes longer than usual to warm up then the choke will open more slowly or faster on a hot day. An electric would be fine too b/c the hookup is already there and a manual is fine too but then I have to feed the cable through the firewall and I may forget the choke is on or it binds etc. I have a manual choke on the mustang and sometimes I leave it on and I start smelling the fumes after a minute