PDA

View Full Version : bad hesitation

grocerygetter
08-01-2003, 07:23 PM
when i take off from a stop, there is a pretty bad hesitation. like it bogs for a sec or two, really anoying. any ideas on what to look for? thanks

89AccordLXI666
08-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Check your Idle... also check the fuel filters, they may need 2 be changed... also you might wanna consider a full tune up, then that may fix your problems... also it could be your fuel injectors, just get some fuel injector cleaner stuff that goes inside your gas tank and it should run better or completly correct the problem... I tried some product called greased lightning and it worked great... but I'd check your idle first, it may be at a very low idle that could be one problem to look 4... Well hope that helps bro, and good luck... keep us posted and let us know if everything got better 4 your 3gee... Lataz

A20A1
08-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Fuel injectors??? he's carbed...

I'd say
ignition timing and fuel delivery is your problem.
There have been plenty of hesitation / bucking / jerking threads. Search and read thru some of them to see which one is the most simmilar to your situation.

When I ran with a fuel psi of 3.5, I got rid of the bogging with the stock carb.

Also you could have a vacuum leak.

BITESIZE
08-01-2003, 11:43 PM
I had the same problem since january, i changed the fuel pump, injectors and finally I figured out it was the coil. Check it. You'll be happy if it's just that.

deadlight
08-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I'm betting on the timing, my car did the same thing until I took a timing light to it's ass.

doug
08-08-2003, 03:08 AM
I'm sticking with my often used tip that it might be the carb
accelerator pump. Open the primary butterfly and look down the primary barrel and flick the throttle a few times, you should see a stream of gas comimg from the accelerator pump nozzle.

grocerygetter
08-08-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by doug
I'm sticking with my often used tip that it might be the carb
accelerator pump. Open the primary butterfly and look down the primary barrel and flick the throttle a few times, you should see a stream of gas comimg from the accelerator pump nozzle.

yes, i'm pretty sure it is the carb also. it started after i did a little work on the carb. it now idals good at start up, but i broke the 2 nipples off the unloader.