PDA

View Full Version : What is this part?

89LxiAg
08-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, I was seeking out an oil leak and I think I narrowed it down to this one hose that leads into the top of the transmission. I was wondering if anyone knew what part the hose ran into (I believe it is the speed sensing housing)?

The part I am talking about resides on the top of the transmission (and has the speedometer cable plugged into it), almost directly underneath the air filter box. There are two hoses that run into it, one of which was carrying oil. I am not sure if it was engine oil or my transmission oil, but there was defintely oil in it.

The leak occured because my brilliant clutch mechanic didn't put the tension clamp back onto the hose carrying the oil. Whenever I parked the car, it would lose several small drops at a time.

Anyway, if anyone could tell me what part that is, or confirm that it is the speed sensing housing, that would be great. Also, why was there a line with oil in it, running into that housing? Thanks for your help, ask for clarification is you need it.

cruznz
08-01-2003, 09:48 PM
it sure sounds like the speed sensor,...the hoses will be for power steering

Xulfiqar
08-01-2003, 11:47 PM
If they are two and coming from the speedometer drive - then they are the speed sensor hoses, they would be carrying P/S oil.

Clamp them with screw type clamps.