PDA

View Full Version : Need Major Help!

Osiris
08-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Its like this. I dont know if some have you have been reading my recent threads, but ive been having major problems with my 3gee and even worse less money to fix it with. Anyways....

Im coming across some money pretty soon hopefully and i would like some opinions on whats my best course of action. This is how it looks right now:

I can hear the valves "clanking" when the car is first accelerated but then goes away once the rpms go up. I have no compression in the #1 cylinder. And for some unknown reason the car keeps quitting on me after about 100yds of driving. Ill have about $400 readily and maybe can come up with some more if need be. What do yall think I should do. I can get a used engine for $350 at a local salvage yard but if i dont have to do that and i can just fix this one, I would rather do that. From previous threads im thinking maybe its just the valves... ummmm dont know. What yall think?? :confused:

A20A1
08-02-2003, 12:31 AM
not much you can do but pull the head... and hopefully find the problem.

if it's not the valves it could be a bearring on the crank.

Osiris
08-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Someone was telling me that i probaly wont be able to see whats wrong with the valves without some tool that measures them or something. Whats the deal with that and do i really need it at this moment.

A20A1
08-02-2003, 02:02 AM
I think hes referring to a micrometer.