PDA

View Full Version : A wierd thing

stonek
08-02-2003, 01:30 AM
I got a wierd thing on my 91 Accord LX. When I start the car, the brake light is on. and I'm pretty sure that I put the hand brake down, and I wasn't pressing the brake. The worse thing is I went on freeway and after about a 10 mile trip, I got in big trouble, I could not stop the engine. I couldn't turn the key and I couldn't even pull the key out without the key in the off position. I mean, with the engine on. Another wierd thing is I can't put the shifter in P or N. If I put the shifter in P or N, it makes a big noise! when I finally got the key out and turned the engine off (it took me about 5 mins to do this, and I forgot how) I found the radiator was boiling...

Now everthing is normal, but I don't know what happened on my car. I don't understand.
it is sort of wierd. Anybody know why? :werd: :confused:

A20A1
08-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Sounds like your accelerator might have been stuck...

How is your oil level?
How is your coolant level?

So you don't have the brake light problem anymore then?

A20A1
08-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Oh wait It might be soemthing inside of your shifter case... like the gear selection switch... if thats busted then it might cause some of the problems you have.

mugenprelude86
08-02-2003, 01:24 PM
the brakes and the key are all their own problems, as for the auto i am clueless... 5 speed....

stonek
08-03-2003, 10:38 AM
before i got the trouble, i just checked the oil level and coolant. they were normal. but after this weird thing happened, I found the oil level lies between max and min (but just one day before the damn thing, i check the oil level, it lied at max.) so i am pretty sure about that engine burned the oil. in case of the coolant, i just put some water in the reserver, 'cause it was boiled at that time.
now everything is normal. but i am scared to drive on freeway:(

by the way, the brake light is normal now. i sounds everthing is fine again.
:wtf: :werd:

stonek
08-04-2003, 10:07 PM
can anybody help me out??
thanks so much.

cruznz
08-05-2003, 03:27 AM
hmmm....was it idling ok after the 10 mile trip?...(i gather you stopped somewhere when this happened?).....try spraying some fluid in the key switch,(some members here have used it ,so someone may reply with the product name used over there)....
what sort of big noise was made....grinding,graunching sound? how's the tranny fluid level........