PDA

View Full Version : tranny exploded and diff fucked

mugenprelude86
08-02-2003, 01:12 PM
well like i said my tranny exploded because the diff fucked up... the little bevel gears fell down into the other gears and basically cracked the case in half. now i have a few q's. on the tranny where the speedo cable hooks on, there are power steering lines running to it. is the diff lubed by power steering fluid? because over winter when i did the euro bt-1 1.8 swap i got rid of the power steering for road feel purposes. now i got rid of all the lines and everything so there is'nt any more going to the speedo cable hole thing.... should i fill it up with p/s fluid if thats whats in there and then plug the holes or what do you think?

k-roy
08-02-2003, 01:25 PM
I removed power steering as well and I never looked back.
The two lines that go to the speedo unit on the tranny should be disconnected and connected together with some ps fluid for lubrication. This is according to another thread that I read.

mugenprelude86
08-02-2003, 01:30 PM
hmm yeah i did'nt know that... i'll have to do this when the new tranny goes in tomorrow

A20A1
08-02-2003, 01:59 PM
If you don't lubricate that bit your speedo cable will seize, and you'll get a high pitch whining sound.

BITESIZE
08-02-2003, 02:03 PM
The power steering lines go to the tranny so the steering with get stiffer at higher speeds.

PhydeauX
08-02-2003, 06:56 PM
If you're worried about the speedo drive siezing find a gen2 accord with non power steering, not too hard to come by. They have speedo drive w/o the power steering.

andy