PDA

View Full Version : Gauges

89Accord_R
08-04-2003, 06:59 AM
I am sitting with my gauge cluster in front of me on the table. I don't know exactly how the needles come off and I do not want to break them. Anybody got a few words of wisdom? I read the other posts concerning the issue, but none seem to help. Thanks.:stupid:

stizle
08-04-2003, 12:34 PM
yah i made the other post. noone would give me a good answer. I was told that i shouldnt even do it but they have to come off, i mean they have to come off when people get them after market gauges.

dXsquared
08-04-2003, 12:37 PM
use a fork...

Travis

chriskatana
08-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by stizle
I was told that i shouldnt even do it but they have to come off, i mean they have to come off when people get them after market gauges.

Most aftermarket guages DO NOT require removal of the needles as it is very dangerous, ("meaning that after reasembly your guages may be inacurate or not function at all.") I do not recomend it. it's not the taking them off that's bad, it the putting them back on that does the damage, If you are making guages of your own, find a way to get around removing the needles. If you must, be carful, and like DXHATCHBACK said, use a fork. the damage come when you try to put them back on..

SiR
08-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by chriskatana
Most aftermarket guages DO NOT require removal of the needles as it is very dangerous, ("meaning that after reasembly your guages may be inacurate or not function at all.") I do not recomend it. it's not the taking them off that's bad, it the putting them back on that does the damage, If you are making guages of your own, find a way to get around removing the needles. If you must, be carful, and like DXHATCHBACK said, use a fork. the damage come when you try to put them back on..

Yea....like he said.

89Accord_R
08-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Ahh... good lookin'. A fork? Hmm...