PDA

View Full Version : About my Acura

.:1987 LX:.
08-04-2003, 10:00 PM
So like I said, I have the luxury version of my Accord, the Acura legend. Just a simple Q I couldn't find through the search...

I bought it lowered, as did the dude who bought it did. Well he "said" that he "bought it lowered" so I don't have any real idea but I looked and the springs aren't cut and it's lowered to the point where it's maybe 3 or 4 inches off the ground. The Food4less parking lot speed bumps owned me. I went slow also.

Do you guys have any idea what it could be? Blown shocks maybe?

Thx in advance if you guys know

TJ89Accord
08-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Maybe just cause its low??? does it bounce if you push it down? If you push down the car, and it continues to go up and down, then the shocks are blown.

OT I had an 89 Legend before. Nice cars. Tranny went on mine though. It was a 5 speed too... I had a broken spring too. it used to make weird noises lol...

tim

2old_honda
08-05-2003, 10:44 AM
It wont matter if the shocks are blown. They dont control the height. How do you know the springs are not cut? The only way to really tell for sure is take them off and look at the ends of the coils. You will be able to tell if they were cut.

NXRacer
08-05-2003, 03:18 PM
or if they're heat shrunk. When i looked at my springs it was a dead giveaway they were shrunk. The coils went like /\/\/\ instead of ////.

08-07-2003, 02:25 PM
well cause i looked at them when I was changing my brakes... at the ends they usually start of even right? like this |\\\\\| that's how they were.

thanks tho, i guess it's just hella low... o_O ah well it doesn't matter lol

Blue Impact
08-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Try going over the bumps one tire at a time and see if that'll help.

08-09-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Try going over the bumps one tire at a time and see if that'll help.

yeah that works... i gotta find a way to raise it at least a LIL bit... this is way to low for me. it scrapes against anything and everything!