PDA

View Full Version : which is it carb or ecu

accordlxi2.0
08-05-2003, 11:00 AM
okay i took everything off and looked at the idle unloader it turn's out who ever had it before disable it. well i connected and the car would'nt start so i took it off and seen how it should work. when i dissconect the shorter hose and plug it the unloader work's( i had the tab off). and i dissconected both hose and still plugged the short one and it still moved!.
i took a look at the "black" box and the hose going to that one; the solenoid was hot.
and the fast idle screw i screwed it till it came out and it still fast idle's to 2200rpm's!
i dissconected the ecu fuse to see if it start's and it does.

to me it's kinda pising me off i don't know how it work's and apparently 1 machanic does'nt know jack 'bout honda 'cause he said that it's set up like a carb but has an has continuous sparying injector's.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !?

A20A1
08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
what? :lol @ continuous spraying injectors.

zero.counter
08-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Well, errr, um, if it is an LXi, then you have the fuel injected model. Carb, no. ECU fuse, unloader? WTF???
The ECU is under the driver's side seat.

So the answer is Fuel injected + ECU. If carb, then you would have a big black air box with spaghetti wire (vacuum hoses) coming out under it all over the place.

accordlxi2.0
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
the carb also has an ecu too!
from what i read from chiltons manual.
how do u think those solenoid's are bieng controlled.
how do u think the carb's in these year's manage to stay within the 14:1 a/f ratio.
and under the hood it state's ecu fuse,
and the one's in ( ) is the one's availible on the model like mine's
and yeah i was laughing too , but there are such thing's.
so does anyone have any other suggestion's?
cause i'm kinda getting tired of loaning MY car.:mad: :crying: :burn:

noone has any idea 'bout the fast idle screw?

zero.counter
08-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by accordlxi2.0
the carb also has an ecu too!
from what i read from chiltons manual.
how do u think those solenoid's are bieng controlled.
how do u think the carb's in these year's manage to stay within the 14:1 a/f ratio.
and under the hood it state's ecu fuse,
and the one's in ( ) is the one's availible on the model like mine's
and yeah i was laughing too , but there are such thing's.
so does anyone have any other suggestion's?
cause i'm kinda getting tired of loaning MY car.:mad: :crying: :burn:

noone has any idea 'bout the fast idle screw?
O.K. then pull that grey box out from under the seat and give me some codes. Its basically the A/F sensors and other items pertaining.
Oh yeah, the vacuum tubes, egr, Pcv valve and the rest of the emissions family decide that. CARB is not evo-friendly and thats one of the reasons that ecus were brought in for the FF cars.

accordlxi2.0
08-06-2003, 11:34 AM
actully all this time it's called a choke opener that's the one that seem's to not function right.
but it still fast idle's and the screw fell out and it still rises.
i'll check on the "codes" for the ecu.
but i've been told that the carb don't give out code's
but in the chilton's it say's the prelude carb has this type of system.
it was talking 'bout both car's though.

zero.counter
08-06-2003, 02:44 PM
i'll check on the "codes" for the ecu.

I was being fecicious. :rolleyes:
There are no codes and no computer (ECU) on the carbs.

accordlxi2.0
08-07-2003, 04:31 AM
:stick: :D
that's why i typed it like this "codes"
plus i'm used to my car
so working on an elect. carb will not only be challenging but it will also be fun.
now this choke unloader what is it supposed to do
'cause it does'nt do nothing when the engine is cold or hot.
and as stated before the fast idle screw fell out and it still rev's past 2,000rpms.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???!!!!!!!!

accordlxi2.0
08-07-2003, 05:59 PM
okay i found out what the "choke unloader" does:
when the car is first started tha choke has 2 b open so that's what tha unloader does.
but it still does'nt move unless i plug tha shorter line from the choke unloader.
now when this is plugged the fast idle unloader and choke unloader move's at the same time. and i think the fast idle at where i'm kinda happy with.
so these problem with what i'm having is a thermo-vavle sensor or on of the solenoid's from tha black box?????????

accordlxi2.0
08-09-2003, 07:59 AM
CAN ANYONE HELP :confused: :(

accordlxi2.0
08-11-2003, 03:04 PM
i want to test the solenoid's from the black box and around the fire wall.
plus there is a gray-metal relay by the fuse box i tested the one with the two thick wire's and it did'nt have no continuity.
i tested the iat sensor and it beeped once but not continuously.
plus i was wanting to know if it's possible to test the connector's going to the ecu (circuit wise).

so ANY input would be GRATEFUL!
THANX-N-ADVANCE

A20A1
08-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Have you tried hooking up the vacuum lines to the choke opener like how it is in my diagram?

Also the choke opener on the front of the carb has an internal vacuum line, besides the 2 ports you see coming out of the left side of the diaphragm.

accordlxi2.0
08-14-2003, 07:42 AM
okay so that why it does that.

accordlxi2.0
08-14-2003, 07:51 AM
according to ur diagram it seem's that the termo valve sensor would be at fault cause the vac line's all connect to it.
so that would be the reason why the idle does'nt go down on it's own.

and in some tread's some people would say when they first start it the engine would shake ,sound like it would want to shut off,and have blue smoke coming from the exhaust.

that is tha choke unloader.
when i opened it thye smoke went away and regular idle returned, when i let it go it started acting up and the smoke was coming back out.

correct me if i'm wrong.

POS carb
08-15-2003, 12:25 PM
dude let me see detailed pics of your throtle bracket and send them, I'll fix it for u

accordlxi2.0
08-16-2003, 07:04 PM
it's just like the one in the do-it-urself mod.
the thing is when i start it 1st thing in the morning the engine shake's ,run rich , and bluish gray smoke come out ( that is due to tha choke not being opened all tha way).
now it start's to rev and the rpm's climb, as i said b4 , the fast idle screw fell out some-damn-where. the highest it goes is 2,500 and it does'nt go down either 'til i push the gas.
and i know that's not 'pose to happen.

accordlxi2.0
08-18-2003, 09:10 AM
:confused:
i read the manual and vac. line 26 is connected to the throttle controller.
and i only felt one thermovalve in the back of the manifold.
WHAT"S GOING ON???????????????????????????:crying:

accordlxi2.0
08-22-2003, 04:22 AM
:help:

A20A1
08-22-2003, 11:54 AM
well look back there and see if it was broken off... if that be the case then whoever owned the car before could have done something crazy to your vacuum lines.

Do you have 2 thermo valves on the thermostat?

Cause mine only had one on the thermostat and 2 on the manifold.

A20A1
08-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Maybe it's a A/C, cruise control thing... you have both of those right?

PS make sure you read page 1..

DanG86LX
08-22-2003, 02:50 PM
..i read the manual and vac. line 26 is connected to the throttle controller...

..and which manual is that? #26 is on choke puller and goes to black box to a bleed valve.
Anyway, there are indeed 2 T-valves on manifold, however there role is different (i believe), function of year/location where car was made. Like mine 86/Japan vs 87../US. Mine is routed like those A20A2-KX according to Paul's manual!
So accordlxi2.0 would u fill ur "Vehicle" description like everybody here? Hope yours'not LXi ! :stick:

A20A1
08-22-2003, 03:44 PM
hehe that would be a big kick to the old nuggets... :lol... Yeah you're not EFI are you? and posting in the carb tech just to confuse us. :D

accordlxi2.0
08-22-2003, 08:29 PM
i have an lxi and my lil bro has the lx.
since he just got the car and don't really has no expierience i work on it and let him take the lxi to work or school or what have u.
sorry to let you down to be honest i like them both, and they have same amount of power basically(since i advanced the timing ). yall might as well say i own both 'cause i work on them.
so don't be pissed i'm jus looking out 4 my lil bro:)

accordlxi2.0
08-23-2003, 07:21 PM
y d i feel yall giving me the silent treatment
what yall don't belive me or something?????????????????!!!!!

zero.counter
08-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Damnit vato, you are still with this thread. Get the FSM, Haynes, or that other Chilton manual or use the search function. It would help out immensly.

accordlxi2.0
08-25-2003, 12:00 PM
shit my bad then i felt that some of yall know more than the book that i wasted my money on!:mad: :rant: :wtf:
i mean i don't ask alot on the lxi cause it's fuel injected and i know on the fuel injection's but not on eletronically controlled carb's:burn: :pissed:

DanG86LX
08-25-2003, 08:41 PM
..and what was ur Q ?

A20A1
08-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Silent treatment, no.... we are a little confused.

accordlxi2.0
08-26-2003, 05:16 AM
damn i forgot oh wait. . . . . . okay i looked at paul's manual it has vac. line #6 with some type of plug attached to it.
this is on the throttle controller and it has #26 plug to it.
i looked at the chilton's and it said that's for check valve b.
as for the lxi i work on car's like that but the lx i find challeging 'cause this is somewhat new 4 me:D

DanG86LX
08-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Which page in Paul's manual?
Here is a vacuum diagram ON LINE:
http://www.angelfire.com/sd/bryhig/honda/vacdiag.html
Ur lil bra LX may not have all the systems, but at least u can identify them with the diagram.
What are u after?

accordlxi2.0
08-26-2003, 08:42 PM
my bad i looked and it's vac #20 connected to the throttle controller.
also the o2 sensor wire is cut that could be a reason why the lx is getting low mpg's?:eek:

A20A1
08-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Okay people I don't want to see 50 million smilies on one page... I don't mind a few added in with a post containing some words and info... but if you're just going to post smilies I'm going to delete it or cut it down to one smiley

zero.counter
08-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
Okay people I don't want to see 50 million smilies on one page... I don't mind a few added in with a post containing some words and info... but if you're just going to post smilies I'm going to delete it or cut it down to one smiley
If you don't mind me asking, where is the posted rule or offense in the forum rules?
Is this just a pet peeve of yours or an on the fly rule?

I hope the power of becoming a moderator has not affected your judgements now that it seems your personal angles are being utilized.

We might as well rule out simple posts where people reply, YES-NO-MAYBE, or similar one line answers right?

Please don't censor out this post, it would be deemed in bad taste.

accordlxi2.0
09-01-2003, 03:35 PM
how's this:help:

A20A1
09-01-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm sayig this because I still have a dial up modem... and loading the page takes too long when there are lots of smilies on the page... I'm here to help but it makes it dificult to read all the posts if I have to spend 5 minuets loading one topic.

it has nothing to do with rules... just common courtesy.

A20A1
09-01-2003, 04:48 PM
how's this:help:

I'm not saynig don't use smilies... or that you have to use only one... but 10 smilies in one post with no words or links does not help anyone in terms of finding a solution to their problem(s).

No, I'm not going to hunt you down if you post a lot of smilies, but they do add up, so thats why I cut back.

I don't mind you using smilies as expressions in response to a post... and I can't stop you from doing it either... but when it gets out of hand like it did in here I had to step in and let you know that it was having a negative effect... but please understand my side of the sitation.

A20A1
09-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
If you don't mind me asking, where is the posted rule or offense in the forum rules?
Is this just a pet peeve of yours or an on the fly rule?

I hope the power of becoming a moderator has not affected your judgements now that it seems your personal angles are being utilized.

We might as well rule out simple posts where people reply, YES-NO-MAYBE, or similar one line answers right?

Please don't censor out this post, it would be deemed in bad taste.

I'm sorry if I came off as being harsh... and no, I don't edit what you say... however I did delete your one post containing nothing but smilies and I know I was wrong in doing it, I'd have to attribute my action to being fed up with the growing # of smilies in this one topic.. normally I wouldn't leave it be.

MrBen
09-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Dont worry Michael, he was just giving you shit. I totally feel with you about the smilies thing and dial-up modem.

zero.counter
09-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
Dont worry Michael, he was just giving you shit. I totally feel with you about the smilies thing and dial-up modem.
:lol I don't give shit by the way. I have an honest and valid point. If you want to knock on me for that then do so.

Also for anyone else, delete the smilies or put up a new rule about common courtesy. The smiles are, what, 1k to 5k in size. Minor, even for dial-up. You can turn off the option for displaying pics to speed up your browsing at the expense of viewing. But being nit-picky is something else. The image in Ghetto Accords sig is 24k alone.

Just something for you to ponder.

MrBen
09-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Wow, making a big deal out of nothing...

Well, I'll just add to it. The sig rules were revised for a valid reason. They were too big, thus frustrating dial-up users.

Signatures load immediately after text, while smilies load last for me. Having to wait the extra time to wait for seemingly endless smilies to load in a post is stupid.

Common courtesty you say? Why do you think it is called common?

zero.counter
09-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
Wow, making a big deal out of nothing...

Well, I'll just add to it. The sig rules were revised for a valid reason. They were too big, thus frustrating dial-up users.

Signatures load immediately after text, while smilies load last for me. Having to wait the extra time to wait for seemingly endless smilies to load in a post is stupid.

Common courtesty you say? Why do you think it is called common?
You do know that anyone that tries typing shit to me always get a long and thorough response, regardless of what anyone calls me, you are not my friends so i don't care. To me, it's just business (certain exclusions). Now that we have that out of the way *popping knuckles*

When the text is loaded, you can start reading. Or like I said, just remove the smilies all together.

Realize that I am the kind of person that does not give in easily or lets someone decide for me the way I do things. Some people say asshole (on the board), I say well informed individual of my rights. I call what he did censoring because he (and you) have dial-ups and some don't. Discrimination of sorts I believe. I share no pity, especially when it is a stupid smiley and not some Camel Toe thread, and people think they are right in doing so.

If you don't like it, I am sorry and apologize. Just don't reply, or join those who despise me.

A20A1, I apologize for letting this blow out of proportion and understood your post. I have no qualms with you and I love the board.

Back to the original point of the thread, accordlxi2.0, PM me and we will discuss any further questions you may have.

BTW, common coutesy is uncommon on the board. It's just a thread where we post problems/solutions and so forth. Go search a few posts, and you will find many smiley posts. I won't stop, so just leave it be.

A20A1
09-01-2003, 05:58 PM
I hope that a limit to the amount of smilies used in a post does not end up in the board rules... but don't push it to the point where something like that would be needed. i will take up that suggestion and disable the smilies... but then not seeing any smilies turns post a little bland.

...you were right to be upset.

Yeah common courtesy is few and far between.

---
Yeah, we seem to have hijacked accord2.0's thread... now back to fixin cars.