PDA

View Full Version : Performance or Looks?

MIK3
08-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Which do you prefer. If I had the money. I would pour all of it into my engine and air flow. Performance is everything to me, and Id take it over looks any day. But don't get me wrong, good looks always helps and never ever hurts. Vote now!

dXsquared
08-05-2003, 04:02 PM
your poll sucks

springs rims and wings are all performance items...

you cant have loads of power and expect to drive on 185 width tires and stock suspension...

i like both.. and i have both...

lowered, wheels, weber, header, exhaust

Travis

NXRacer
08-05-2003, 04:06 PM
This exact same thread was just done like 3 weeks ago. Why start another same fucking thread?

Mike89Accordcom
08-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Haha I knew this poll would happen. It's happend before. I love looks of course. My car has to look good period. Speed I can worry about later.

MIK3
08-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Got me there travis. Hopefully the rest of the members will get what I am trying to ask...

EDIT: Remember all...I'm kind of new to the forums...and haven't seen this thread before. I should have searched before. My bad.

Mike89Accordcom
08-05-2003, 04:19 PM
It's all good. Speed vs Looks has always been a battle......

zero.counter
08-05-2003, 04:21 PM
Neither, how about reliability?

tk89acc
08-05-2003, 04:22 PM
I personally like looks. I build my 3rd gen to look good and have another project I am workin on with my pops for speed.

Slow and Low is how I like to roll.:lol

Mike89Accordcom
08-05-2003, 04:48 PM
"Slow and Low is how I like to roll"

Well said TK. I feel the same....

Bloodlust
08-05-2003, 05:43 PM
My car is mostly looks but you could consider struts and springs performance as well as looks. But i would rather my car be really fast and shit and look good as shit.

Morpheus
08-05-2003, 05:55 PM
All performance.
If it doesn't help performance I dont need it.

MIK3
08-05-2003, 06:12 PM
I like the way you're thinking there...heh.

johndej
08-05-2003, 06:46 PM
i put performnace, but doesn't lowering the car also help the handleing?

*edit* i think about a 70/30 combo of performance over looks is about right.

MIK3
08-05-2003, 06:53 PM
lowering, springs, and rims all help in performance, but not as much as engine enhancements. That is the point I was trying to get across to Travis.

Neuspeed87lx
08-05-2003, 08:35 PM
when i have looks i want performance...... when i had performance i want looks ..... ... just do both !

Jims 86LXI HB
08-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MIK3_DX_STYLE
lowering, springs, and rims all help in performance, but not as much as engine enhancements. That is the point I was trying to get across to Travis.

A lowered car on inferior struts will perform inferior as well.

Lowering springs plus sturts that can tame them will always be better performing. If you care about the performce of your suspension, care about running the right struts. Yes just lowering spirngs will handle better. But the same car on the same springs but with proper sturts will leave you in the dust, in ride quality AND performance. Yet, I understand, to some,......... they don't care.

89AcCOrDmike
08-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Looks definately come first for me, i just love the look of a slammed ride that just looks custom and clean, but not stock. Of course you have to have something to back up all your talk(looks), but in my book that comes second.

HostileJava
08-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Our cars aren't speed demons to begin with and with out severe mods they never will be so looks first for me, and then egine mods later (but only to make the engine bay look better) :D

BITESIZE
08-06-2003, 09:18 AM
I didn't vote because without the other, the car will still suck. It's got to be fast and look good to get bitches. But first thing is first, you have to have rims at least.

meangreenLXi
08-06-2003, 09:27 AM
performance, I know our cars aren't fast, but mine is, and if you sittin in traffic pickin ya nose, i'm gonna blow right by you and then you'll say hey that lil honda is fast. Most of the performance honda's around my area are civics and the accord is a reliable grocerygetter, no not here. All Show and No GO = Why bother

MIK3
08-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by meangreenLXi
All Show and No GO = Why bother

:werd: :super:

88' Accord Ltd
08-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Im more for preformance. My goal is to build a 3g sleeper :D. Lowered on like 15s or 16s and some nice paint. Then everything else into the engine! I'm like 90/10 preformace to look here.

MIK3
08-07-2003, 07:44 AM
I don't know if I would spend that amount of money to make my accord a sleeper. Depending on what you want to become victorious over, you might have to spend more than what your car's worth in actuallity. So that's why I am going to wait till my next car to make it a sleeper, all black doesn't sound bad at all. Hell, night races, w/ out my lights, they won't know what the hell passed them.

.:1987 LX:.
08-07-2003, 02:28 PM
I say performance. I went to the Sacramento Speedway with a buddy of mine for a little "ClubSi" meet. It was pretty exciting as my first time. Now I'm gonna make my car look a little nice but mostly engine power! >:-D get some 15's maybe (seconds).

But before I went i'd prolly say looks

Chadroper
08-10-2003, 07:47 AM
I am thinking about just rebuilding the engine and increasing the power output by maybe 50% by porting and polishing the head, getting a cam with different profile, a webber carb, a better header and exhaust. Then spend most of the money on suspension, wheels, tires, paint, interior, body. because i can only drive the speed limit and im not going to race it.

Vinny
08-11-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by zero.counter
Neither, how about reliability?

gotta second that one, as long as it doesn't leave me stranded on the side of the road. I just love seen some real P.O.S.'s that look real nice broke down on the side of the road, but threy look nice sittin there
'Thats some funny shit aint it

meangreenLXi
08-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by MIK3_DX_STYLE
:werd: :super:
In reference to all show and no go = why bother, means you've got a car that looks good, but has a stock engine. I say why bother. My opinion is sure it looks good, it looks as though it will kick azz, but then it doesn't. I know I'd feel more ashamed if an old beat up junker hands my azz to me in a race than a 2fast 2furious lookin car. If it looks like a duck, it should walk like a duck

meangreenLXi
08-11-2003, 11:48 AM
if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.

hondamanlxi
08-11-2003, 03:41 PM
if your not doing a motor swap, give up!
make it just fast enough to get to a show

Hash_man_Se_i
08-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Im more for preformance. My goal is to build a 3g sleeper . Lowered on like 15s or 16s and some nice paint. Then everything else into the engine! I'm like 90/10 preformace to look here.

I feel the same way now. I am getting my rims next week, and then paint and cutting out my damn cancer (rust, lol). But after that, the only "show" type things will be what I consider creature comforts... like a system. (deck, 1 400W RMS 10", stock bose speakers).... and maybe some nice buckets.

I used to want to go show, but then realized that there is really only 3 months of summer here, so why have a car if I can't drive it. Now I want a fast sleeper, they will see my accord with the rims, and that shiney trunk rack lol, and then I will smoke them at the track every friday night!.

pearldrop
08-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by meangreenLXi
In reference to all show and no go = why bother, means you've got a car that looks good, but has a stock engine. I say why bother. My opinion is sure it looks good, it looks as though it will kick azz, but then it doesn't. I know I'd feel more ashamed if an old beat up junker hands my azz to me in a race than a 2fast 2furious lookin car. If it looks like a duck, it should walk like a duck

But what if you don't race and never care to?
Nobody will ever hand your "azz" to you.
I've built my Civic and CRX with motor swaps and all the crap that goes with them. I will never waste my money on that again.
If you drive a bucket that is fast, it is still a bucket.

Mike89Accordcom
08-13-2003, 10:54 PM
"If you drive a bucket that is fast, it is still a bucket"

You couldn't have said that better Chris. These guys who mod these POS cars and try to make them fast. Stupid fools. Get some sense in ya. Oh cool I have a fast POS...

Low Tek
08-14-2003, 12:22 AM
I have a little of both, but right now I have a surprise motor commin up soon.... and then I will be happy!!