PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Suggestions

Radobound
08-05-2003, 05:51 PM
I am planning on installing a nice system in my car but I want the install to be clean (no visible wires). Or if any wires have to be visible, I'd like them to be in some type of orderly fashion. Any suggestions? Thanks guys....

Rado

1988_5spd_lxi
08-05-2003, 05:53 PM
take th carpet up and the seat.

danronian
08-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Just use wire loom and take your time. You don't need to take the seats or carpet out for a clean install, just the door sills and possibly the rear seat.

n88accordLX-i
08-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Yep either under the door sills, or pull the carpet and seats up and run it directly down the center of the car, keeping the rca's and power wire a good distance away of course.

3G Jester
08-05-2003, 10:47 PM
fuck that. dont need to pull a seat. run the wires behind the dash, pull the plastic sills at the door, the ones that hold down the edges of the carpet...run your wires under that.....and then up the back....you can push the wires through the back seet near the bottom where the seat belt goes into the car between the seats...and hide the wires between the seats and the side of the car...or pull up the seat...and run them into the trunk. dont forget.....

need to run a remote (usualy blue ) from the HU to the amp, your RCA's (red and white---right and left) and then your power wire from the battery......keep te fuse as close to the batter as possible and if your power wire doesnt have a fuse PUT ONE IN NOW. or else you will burn your shit up. 30 amp should do it fine.

dXsquared
08-05-2003, 10:51 PM
30 amp is too low.. well. it all depends on amp and wire size.. anyway.. ever tried stickin 2 guage wire under the sills? not gonn ahappen... mine is under teh carpet, but i dont have a carpet.. lol

Travis

3G Jester
08-05-2003, 11:56 PM
hahahah true true.....im running 300 watts with 8 gauges and a 30 watt fuse. it works fine fore me....plus you can jam the wires down under the carpet after you pull up the door sills..

it would make sense if you pulled up em. the three screws that are right there then just pull they snap right off.. youll under stnad then and im sure you could figure out on your own what to do.

shepherd79
08-06-2003, 03:07 AM
lets start at the battery. if you want clean look, you may want to invest in some nice battery clamps. i bought stigray gold plated battery clamps. i have not seen corrosion since i installed them.
second, i recomend running at least 60A fuse, if you gonna use two or more amps.
third, use at least 4G wire. 4G wire should be good up to 600W, may be 700W.
forth, run the power on the opposide side of the car. away from RCA cables. it will illiminate any buzzing sound in your speakers.
fifth, as many paople said, run the wires under the carpet. you don't have to take out the seats.
sixth, when connecting power to the amp make sure you have battery disconnected. Ground wire should be very short, and it should be the same as power or thicker.
seventh, Invest in some audio connectors. it will make your system look nice and clean.

87DXHatch
08-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Um, you can run 0-guage under the door sills, I did it.

You just need to get a T-40 torx bit, and take up the trim pieces by the doors (there are 3 screws too). Once you get that off, you can pull up the carpet... you'll probably see a black pastic box, all this does is go around a bunch of wires, so you can remove it (you only need to remove it if you're running 0-guage, or bigger).

Bust off your back seat, and run the wires under the side of the carpet, up under the back seat, and then back to the back. You can do whatever you want with it there.