PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!

Experimental_Honda
08-05-2003, 07:47 PM
ok so my car has been having some problems the past few days. it started with a little stuttering problem i had to give it alotta gas to get it to go, so i changed my oil and plugs it ran a little better but from time to time the same thing happend. well today i was on the way to the bank and i was at a light and the pos dies for no reason its still getting gas and it will start up but i have to hold my foot on the gas to keep it running and even then the rpms go up and down. so tonight i changed the fuel filter under the car but the dumb ass at the parts store gave me the wrong filter that goes under the hood so i still need to change that. is it even a filter has anyone heard of this problem before? i hope when i change the other fuel filter tomorrow it wont pull this shit anymore.

A20A3Power
08-05-2003, 07:49 PM
replace cap, rotor and wires......u said changing the plugs made it run a little better, so it might be ignition related....are u a girl btw?? that pic looks nice

zero.counter
08-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Well, it being clogged would cause an issue. Your symptoms indicate an (edit*) possible fuel starvation issue. Do you smell any gase fumes when in normal operation? Check the ignition compnents first like that guy before me stated.

Experimental_Honda
08-05-2003, 08:07 PM
no im not a girl thats my girl friend so she is taken :P....lol....no i dont smell gas. i ordered new plug wires today cuz i wanted better than the carp they had at auto zone. i am gonna take the other fuel filter back, and get one that fits, my dad seems to think it was the filters, it does not seem to have a fuel starvation problem. will the msd blaster 2 coil work on my car?

1988starter
08-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Yes a blaster 2 coil will work look in the how to section for an install it is the same as an accel coil.

Experimental_Honda
08-05-2003, 08:29 PM
so i just talked to my pops again he thinks it maybe a fuel starvation problem. could i have a cloged fuel line or jet in the carb, or a choke problem. after i put that one filter on it ran but it was ideling at 2000 rmps so i bumped the gas to get it to go down and it died. i have my fingers crossed that its the other fuel filter and its all cloged up with shit.

Experimental_Honda
08-05-2003, 08:48 PM
one more dumb question where the hell is the filter at under the hood any ways!? it does not say in the bible for my car and does the filter have 3 places for hoeses to go in like the one in the bible or does it only have 2 like the one the dood at auto zone sold me?

infecto
08-05-2003, 11:05 PM
should this be moved to technical?

dXsquared
08-05-2003, 11:14 PM
hmm.. my car would studder... so i looked adn i had a srimp in teh hard line.. i cut it and put a small peice of rubber line it in

Travis

thundertank
08-07-2003, 04:09 PM
there is only two. and the filter is right above your master cylinder. also i would replace the pcv valve. my car was doing the same thing. good luck

Experimental_Honda
08-07-2003, 09:27 PM
ok so my problems are worse now, tonight i was on the way to put my new msd coil in at my girls house. i hop out and i smell this really nasty smell almost like hot breaks and a little tiny but of smoke/steam rolls out from under my hood. so i look my car over and didnt see any thing wrong. we let it chill for an hour or so and go out and start the job we finsh and i hop in it starts right up i start backing up and it dies when it dies i hit my breaks they seem to have alotta pressure on em they are harded than hell to press now. so the car will turn over but it wont start. i regaped the spark plugs to .050, the only other mods i have done the past few days is put a breather filter on and it ran fine all day after i put it in. i think it might be the fact my dumb ass hooked a 45,000 volt coil to some really old pretty much stock plug wires with out thinking about it. so i have to go back to the drawing boards and see what i can find out im pretty sure i just fryed some plug wires, or at least thats what i hope cuz i ordered new ones the other day and they should be in at the shop tomorrow. sorry im bugging you all so much with all these ?'s my accord just hit 150,000 the other day and all hell is breaking loose with it now and you all seem to be the only ones who know much of any thing about these cars.. if you all have any more ideas about this please let me know.
thanks
Tristan

lilsexystreetracer
08-07-2003, 09:56 PM
You could possibly check your distributor box and make sure you didnt break a chain, or a quick check to see if your carb isnt getting fuel is to take your breather filter off and pour a very small amount of gas strait into your carburator. If the car starts, then your carb just isnt getting fuel for some reason. Hope i could help a little. Good luck !

thundertank
08-08-2003, 12:18 AM
yeah if it just cranks and doesnt fire it may be a fuel problem. maybe you got a leak in the line or your fuel pump finally gave out on you. deffinantly try putting some gas into your carb. keep a big rag nearby and dont pour too much in. you might get a big fireball out your carb if you do. if it still doesnt start then its a spark problem. good luck man

Experimental_Honda
08-08-2003, 05:41 AM
yeah i looked it up in the bible and they said it could be a few things ima check my fuel pump today.

thundertank
08-08-2003, 03:53 PM
easy way to check is to open your trunk turn the key to the on position and listen to see if you hear it.

Experimental_Honda
08-10-2003, 08:33 PM
its not the fuel pump it was the ignitor in side my distributor. i went to the import shop and the owner was telling me about honda distributors are kinda weak in a few areas and they like to fuck up. its gonna be like 85.00 to fix it and its a true oem hitachi part. hey thunder tank where did you find you biohazard muffler?

thundertank
08-11-2003, 01:49 AM
at a local shop here in mesa. Its pretty sic and sounds good. i got it for 75. hey thats cool you found out what was doing that.

Experimental_Honda
08-12-2003, 09:16 PM
yeah my car is running strong again every thing is in order!