PDA

View Full Version : problems after problems, peep this shit

mugenprelude86
08-06-2003, 01:20 AM
well dudes, i got all my problems figured out before (high idle, constant ecu codes, intake manifold gasket) and the car was starting to run minty again i blew up the tranny about a week ago and then i got this new one in lowered the car on the ground and it started to run like absolute SHIT. chugging ang surging and barely running, backfiring stuff like that, came inside ate supper went back out and it was fine next time i started it. both times the pgm-fi light have been on and it is still not going off. i'm going to try and re-set the ecu right now and then see if any codes come up. oh and i also had a code 6 flashing on the ecu. this is coolant, BUT which sensor will it be? is it the one with the green plug or the little single wire plug? please help cause after this my car will be almost fully rebuilt, and paint comes next

Tref_LXI
08-06-2003, 07:00 AM
Well all i can tell you is to check all the shit in your car with a electric meter. I went to a junkyard yesterday and was looking for a new distributor, i came upon a solid black 86 prelude and liked the style of it, but i really hate the front mounted hood. I tried taking off the distributor, but the fuckiing hood was in the way, so i checked the total miles on the car and it read 356k! Jesus christ these engines can run a long time with lots of shit wrong on them. I have rebuilt my engine, replaced probably 95% of the shit in my engine bay and 50% in my interior, all i got to say is that it is way worth it. Older cars get much more respect when they are all fixed up and running nice. Keep it at bro and hope that things all work out correctly, like they should.

mugenprelude86
08-06-2003, 11:31 AM
i'm not complaining by no means about the age of the car, my frame/body have 364 thou on it and the engine i swapped in has like 50. i have done all sensors in the eingine bay and shit it just keep buggin me.... ohwell i'm gonna go give it another go