PDA

View Full Version : Battery died............

TJ89Accord
08-06-2003, 05:56 PM
I have had the car since January and I have had no problems with the battery at all. But the other day, after using the AC (which I think is what is doing it), I shut the car off, and when I went to start it, just click click click. I end up jump starting it, letting it run, and then it was fine. I could shut it off and start it no problem. Then yesterday the same thing happened. I was using the AC then too. But after I start it and let it run it is fine. I checked the voltage too, when the car is off, it's at about 12v. When its runnung, it was at about 13.9v, and when I had the AC on it went down to 13.3v. I don't know if that is a big difference or not, doesn't seem to be though. Any suggestions???

tim

smufguy
08-07-2003, 04:45 AM
maybe ur altenator is not able to cope with the extra energy drawn by the ac and seems like the ac is takin up the juice from ur battery when ur alt could not put out enough. Even though the voltage might be alright, we gotta see how much amps is gone. If a lot is gone, then it sucks. I gotta go check mine out. Cause my alt seems kinda bad. my battery died twice and it aint funny. Cause the battery is just 6 months old.

oh yeah, go to autozone and take adv of their free electronic diagnosis.

TJ89Accord
08-07-2003, 07:53 PM
OK I'm gonna get it checked tomorrow. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the alternator. It almost died on my while driving today (had the AC on), and when I shut off the AC it came back to life... Weird.

tim

guaynabo89
08-08-2003, 07:35 AM
maybe the person who had it before you wired the ac differently.

something you should check out

TJ89Accord
08-08-2003, 12:21 PM
I went to Napa and got my alternator tested. Tested fine. Agh. Of course it wont act up for them huh. Any other ideas anyone?

tim