PDA

View Full Version : Header Question

bobafett
06-13-2002, 12:55 PM
there are 4 headers available for our car at the website www.fastfours.com

i am wondering which of these i need to get for my car? do i need to get the one that says fuel injection. or will the cheaper 130 dollar ones work in my car?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-13-2002, 01:03 PM
Dude!! go with DC!!! If they have any!!! I have heard a few complaits about pacesetters!! Go with the best!!

smufguy
06-13-2002, 08:02 PM
i personally like the ceramic coated ones. Pacesetters had a problem with their headers that were ceramic. not on the perfomance side, but on the appearance. the ceramic coating started to peel off from the header of the pacesetter. If the Hp gain on the Dc and PS is not much, i would buy a polished stainless steel pacesetter.

smufguy
06-13-2002, 08:05 PM
and oh yeah, look at that in yahoo shopping or ebay. u might get one for cheaper.

1988starter
06-13-2002, 08:53 PM
Thew chances of them having a DC sport is slim but Pacesetter is also good I know people rack on it but after they changed to a 4-2-1 design the became much better.. Also if you are going to get the ceramic one get it from www.nopi.com it is cheaper I personally have the black one I repainted it and love every second of it

bobafett
06-13-2002, 10:05 PM
well the DC sports header is spendy... it sounds like you guys dont reccomend a ceramic header....

going for cost effectivness, which should i buy? i dont want it to look like shit, but i need to make sure it will work in an 86 lxi~

are the FI headers different than the carb headers?

if i could just repaint the pacesetter headers i would do that.. but i am concerned that the ones that say FI are way more money!

what am i to do?

1988starter
06-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Ok here it goes DC sports are only for LXi or SEi no carbs also they are on almost indefinate backorder. Pacesetter are coth carb and efi but the paint peels off I repainted mine but the down pipe had become a little rusty where as the manifold is doing well. Their caramics I have heard more good than bad about 4 to 1. The peformance difference usto be much more than it is now. A long time ago pacesetter used a 4-1 design and DC sports used a 4-2-1 design when that was the case DC sports was much better.. Now that Pacesetter has switched to a 4-2-1 design the pefrormance difference is very little. I have heard that you can get some ceramic paint from www.jcwhitney.com that you can use to repaint them. But what ever you do remember that people are satisfyed with both products.

smufguy
06-14-2002, 02:56 PM
of course the efi and the carb headers are gonna be different. the carb has a air suction hole in it and the efi does nto have it but two holes for ur oxygen sensor.

I thought about repainting if i get a new pacesetter. if so do i get a high temp (1200 degree) paint with ceramic? In walmart its just 5 bucks for whole can. they got two diff paints one is for 500 degress and the other is for 1200 (12oz). the 500 degree one is a buck cheaper than the 1200 (both have ceramic compounds to dissipate heat).

The one i got was Dupli-Color Engine enamel with ceramic (500degree). its a cast coat aluminum (DE1650). that is for my tranny alone once i get it cleaned off. Can i paint the lower part of the engine block (everything below the header mount) with this paint?.

bobafett
06-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
of course the efi and the carb headers are gonna be different. the carb has a air suction hole in it and the efi does nto have it but two holes for ur oxygen sensor.

hehe, well i am a car NEWBIE! so i didnt know...

well i am fine with getting 421 pacesetters. where is the cheapest place to buy them for an lx-i?

and thanks for all your help!

1988starter
06-15-2002, 05:13 AM
Go to www.nopi.com I like them about 130 for black and I think 200 for ceramic I used 1500 for my headers.