PDA

View Full Version : Auto tranny problem after warm up

Bandog
08-08-2003, 06:01 AM
I have a '87 Accrod LX. I bought the car with a tranny problem. The lady that sold me it said it needs a new trann, but I'm thinking it may not need a new one. The car shifts fine in all gears when it starts up. I can squel the tires and everything. After the car gets warmed up it starts to loose gears. :wtf: It takes longer to shift in reverse or doesn't even shift. Can someone help me out?

meangreenLXi
08-08-2003, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure if your gonna have to get a new tranny, you'll have to ask the experts here. I say throw in some Lucas transmission slip. I added it to my transmission and it helped out with the shifting and hesitation.
When changing the transmission fluid, three bottles will fit perfect, I just put in two bottles of ATF(automatic transmission fluid) and one bottle of Lucas transmission fix, I put the transmission fix in first.
Check with some of the guys here if your not sure, do a search on transmissions and read some of the issues, there's plenty that fit your description.

smufguy
08-08-2003, 08:47 AM
my 4g had that kinda issues. While driving the tranny light flashed and it skipped and downshifted and crap like that. We reset the ecu and its fine after that. Try doing that. Also its better to change the ATF fluid like mentioned. Be sure u use Honda Dexron II.

Bandog
08-08-2003, 02:42 PM
How exactly do I reset the ecu. Do I just disconnect the battery for a while? And I also seem to have a problem with high idle when warm.

AccordEpicenter
08-08-2003, 03:32 PM
the ecu, folks, has nothing to do with the 3g automatic tranny, its all hydraulic valvebody controlled, not computer like the 4th and up gen accords. Usually when the 4th gens do that you might want to get a new tranny computer, ive heard from a few people that if they go really screwy they can cause a few gears to mesh together and blow up the tranny badly