PDA

View Full Version : liquid exhaust

cubert
08-08-2003, 09:23 AM
after letting my car sit for a couple days...i started it...and started to drive away..and after leaving my girlfriends house she called me and said that water came out of my exhaust...well..she thought it was water but a liquid came out and im not sure what it was...my car had been running a little funny before i parked it..like lacking power. i have a hollowed cat and other then that the exhaust is stick..any ideas?:sadwave:

NXRacer
08-08-2003, 09:40 AM
dont worry, its just condensation. A lot of new cars do that all the time.

chriskatana
08-08-2003, 09:41 AM
water in your exhaust in not unusual, usually in high humidity areas, the humid air comes in the intake and it burned, when it comes out the exhaust it colls and the water condenses inside the exhaust, and out somes the water. Nothiong wring with your car. This is why mufflers rust out, generally it takes place from the inside out, when water collects in the muffler and doesn't get boiled out, IE short trips where the exhaust doesn't completely heat up.

cubert
08-08-2003, 09:43 AM
ok..just wanted to be sure..because i thought that water usually came out like that but i thought it was ony in cars with a cat....mabye the shity performance is the shitty octane gas i put in...poor 3g has to suffer when im short on cash:lol

NXRacer
08-08-2003, 09:57 AM
i was at my dads mechanics shop a while ago and they were replacing the exhaust on an older Ferrari. They said they're really succeptable to exhaust rusting out because a lot of owners drive them for a short time and it doesnt give the exhaust enough time to burn out the water. Replacing the exhaust on the car was gonna cost the owner like 2500 bucks! Most of that was in parts too. Sucks to own a Ferarri if you dont drive it much.........

AccordEpicenter
08-08-2003, 03:33 PM
yea also, engines produce water as a byproduct of combustion, its normal