PDA

View Full Version : Bolt and TunerLug

Chris86Lxi
06-13-2002, 02:53 PM
A'ight, My tuner lugnut has been crossthreaded so badly onto the bolt on the hub that i had to break off the stud(bolt) to get my rim off. It's my front passenger side Bolt that i had to break off to get the rim off. Could somebody PLEASE PLEASE give me very detailed good instructions on how to get the bad bolt out and replace it with a new one. Will Advance Auto or O'reilly's have one in stock? Thanks alot guys.

Chris

YK86
06-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Unbolt the brake caliper from the bracket, remove the pads, then remove the bracket, and then remove the disc/rotor. Take a hammer and tap out the bad stud out of the hub and tap in the new one. Any auto store should have the stud.

Chris86Lxi
06-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Thanks alot man. Does the rotor just slide off?? I guess so, or are there bolts holding it in place.
Thanks

Chris

89accordlxi
06-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Chris86Lxi
Thanks alot man. Does the rotor just slide off?? I guess so, or are there bolts holding it in place.
Thanks

Chris

If anything, there will be one screw holding it on from the front. When I did my brakes the first time, there was a screw on it. But somehow it must have fallen off since because they are no longer there.

If the rotor doesn't just slide off, you will have to get some 8mm fine threaded bolts. Screw them into the holes in the rotor to push it off he hub. Make sure to screw them in evenly to avoid warping the rotor.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Peace out. :super: