PDA

View Full Version : Removing Fast Idle Valve? Effects????

88 RaceCar
08-08-2003, 06:25 PM
After rebulidng my whole engine, while cleanign out the intake and changing the gaskets I noticed the Fast Idle valve and noticed how coolant runs through it. I was wondering if i block off the lines that run into it so no HOT coolant goes through it no more will it effect anything? Rememeber, car is not used in the cold and only for racing so it is always hot, and i kno that hot coolant running in there make sthe intake even more hot robbing a tiny bit of HP, let me kno your thoughts.

BootMachine
08-11-2003, 11:52 AM
You can take it off...your engine will SUCK ASS when its cold but once it warms up you will be fnie..

NOW..my engine is an A20A Prelude engine with no sensor on this piece so the ECU was not bothered but I didnt have a problem.

I installed it back on because my engine kept stalling and shuttering when its super cold outside!

88 RaceCar
08-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Looks like she will be coming off then

johnwc723
08-25-2003, 03:32 PM
i completely stopped all coolant flow through the EFI body, YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT FLOW AROUND IT, DONT BLOCK IT (I just used a fuel hose from checker and a couple couplers/clamps)
but anyways its hot now i think it works alright but i am getting VERY eradic idles ranging from too high to almost 400RPM not good, something you might want to consider, it just started after the mod of course

AccordEpicenter
09-16-2003, 09:14 PM
yea i tried that. Basically its because the fast idle valve stays wide open all the time. You could try adjusting it lower by screwing in the black plug under the steel over with 2 screws in it.. IF you could get it to work itll get you some power, the entire intake manifold heats up pretty hot with that stuff. Also bypass the tb lines, you dont need them (i noticed some power with this one) and it wont mess up ur idle, just run one hose from the eacv to the fast idle valve instead of thru the tb. I didnt try bypassing the eacv tho.