PDA

View Full Version : Horn

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-13-2002, 03:15 PM
I bought a Horn so could replace the factory horn... It sounds so.. WEAK ...But When we tried to replace it..We could not find it??? Where is it????

Bassman
06-13-2002, 03:48 PM
I don't have my 3g here, but I seem to remember seeing it behind one of the headlights. I'll check tonight. You try have someone sit in the car and just lean on the horn while you look around trying to find the sound?

SWELLS
06-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I think there should be one on the right and left side. I believe they are on the radiator support behind the bumper, below each headlight.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-13-2002, 04:50 PM
ty for the info..We had a feeling it was somewhere down there..I will check thisd weekend!!! Hopefully replace that lil beep!! with a real thumping horn!!~

accordlx
06-13-2002, 05:27 PM
They are behind the openings for the foglights on the bumper on the 88-89 models. They are most easily accessed by removing the underside dust cover.

BoredRec
06-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Yeah, take off the spashshield (if you still have it). It's right where accordlx said, behind the little bumper cover thingys that you have to take off to get to the bumper turn signals to replace the bulb.

smufguy
06-13-2002, 07:50 PM
take the whole damn bumper off. hehe, well u dont have to, but its easy to work with and u can see lot of stuff in there. and watch out for the airbag sensors when u take out your bumpers. oh wait, we dont have airbags:rolleyes: . its pretty simple to replace the stock horn. i want a really loud one cause ppl in NJ dont know how to drive and i just wanna be on their butt and scare the living crap out of them. :lol

POS carb
06-14-2002, 10:48 AM
I went outside and took my car apart for you.

http://server2047.virtualave.net/kromeco/00-Nov30/Frame%20Detail2.jpg

See it in front of the wheel? With the bumper on you can spot it through the hole under the bumper light. Same thing on the driver's side. Make sure you get one of each side, it's 2 notes. I have Porsche horns on mine, went on really easy ans they're LOUD! Gives me like a 20hp shot every time I use them :lol

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-14-2002, 01:03 PM
WOW!~~ That was noble of you~!~
Wrecking ur car for lil horn!!:D
How about taking the engine apart!! I would not mind seeing the pistons in action!!! tyty !LOL

ACCORD EX
06-14-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
I went outside and took my car apart for you.

what great guy you are Eric ! :flip:

MIKE

smufguy
06-14-2002, 03:17 PM
what the hell are you doing to your car POS? hehehe, my baby was hit in the center. Bottom of the radiator mount crushed in tweaking my driver side box frame. now i need a whole new front from the headlight part.

OldSchoolSwap
06-14-2002, 03:33 PM
You bunch of clowns! :lol