OldSchoolSwap
06-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
why do u need one?
To gain something called "performance"?:D

Here's a link http://www.mmrusa.com/gude.htm

GreenMachine
06-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Tobad, I mean of course murasa doesn't have on listed for our car . hmmmm wonder if the 2.0l prelude on would work :rant:

OldSchoolSwap
06-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Doesn't hurt to call them and dig up more info. They might do a custom job!

smufguy
06-14-2002, 02:47 PM
hey oldschool, i do know that he wanted an aftermarked manifold for performance. but i asked that question, hoping he would know that u can always bore out your stock manifold. i mean, compared to doing all the regual upgrades, not many ppl invest in aftermarket throttle bodies, unless ppl like justin who has a turbo. :rolleyes:

OldSchoolSwap
06-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
hey oldschool, i do know that he wanted an aftermarked manifold for performance. but i asked that question, hoping he would know that u can always bore out your stock manifold. i mean, compared to doing all the regual upgrades, not many ppl invest in aftermarket throttle bodies, unless ppl like justin who has a turbo. :rolleyes:
Good point!

POS carb
06-14-2002, 03:17 PM
hook up a vacuum gauge to your intake manifold and get on the highway (or a nice stretch of road) haul ass until you redline your engine in 2nd gear. If vacuum builds even a little bit at WOT at redline then you should get a performance gain from one, if not then don't bother getting one until you do some other mods.

GreenMachine
06-14-2002, 03:22 PM
I have only owned carbed vehicles all my life. So I'm noy to EFI smart YET. I just read that you can gain up to 8Hp from throttle body so I was just wondering if some company made them for our car. I didn't actually know you can bore it out yourself !

Thanx though

smufguy
06-15-2002, 06:19 PM
u cannot bore your throttle body yourself, as in with your own hands (unless u know what u are doing and have a machine). but u can custom bore your existing throttle body.

bass
06-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Just curious, but what if I took my Dremel to the throttle body? I don't think I would trust myself but has anybody done this?

A20A1
06-15-2002, 11:18 PM
your throttle body contains a throttle plate... increase the body and you'll have to increase the plate.

smufguy
06-16-2002, 05:31 PM
exactly, like mike A20A1 said if u do it yourself, u will find yourself in a weird situation of the throttle plate. custom workshops put a bigger plate in after they bore it out for you. Of if u are really hardheaded and have time and an extra free throttle body, its a good thing to do it yourself and see if u can make yourself a homemade 'good working' bored out throttle body and a throttle plate. and one thing, dremel would not do such a good job, u need something cylinderical that would take off the metal evenly rather than bumps and humps. :flash: