PDA

View Full Version : damn soda!

89AccordHatch
08-09-2003, 08:31 PM
so anyway..me and some buddies are leavin work to go bowling. Everyone there has a faster car than me and is able to peel out, not that thats important or anything, it just makes me happy to hear the sound. Anyway, i rev the engine a lil bit, drop it into drive and forget that i have a full can of soda on my dash. *sigh*. Well, i caught the soda.......upside down over the shifter....there was soda all over shooting outta the can, luckily my window was open so i was able to toss it out while only spilling it on my lap, window, console, seat, floor, and steering wheel. what a mess. well...i guess thats it.

charlesb2003
08-09-2003, 08:36 PM
that sux!

goldyaccord
08-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordHatch
so anyway..me and some buddies are leavin work to go bowling. Everyone there has a faster car than me and is able to peel out, not that thats important or anything, it just makes me happy to hear the sound. Anyway, i rev the engine a lil bit, drop it into drive and forget that i have a full can of soda on my dash. *sigh*. Well, i caught the soda.......upside down over the shifter....there was soda all over shooting outta the can, luckily my window was open so i was able to toss it out while only spilling it on my lap, window, console, seat, floor, and steering wheel. what a mess. well...i guess thats it.

That's happened to me about once or twice however, it was usually when i'd leave the drivethrough and forget to take the soda off the dash. talk about seeing a 48 ouncer spilling all over the freaking seat.

tedwright
08-09-2003, 11:04 PM
you need SE-i cupholders yO!

ryan88lxi
08-09-2003, 11:35 PM
i always put a cn on the dash and think maybe if i take corners real slow, it wont fall. yeah, that nevr works, i want some damn cup holders

johndej
08-10-2003, 06:14 PM
lol, my bro had a coke in my car the other day, just bouncing around on the floor. well, he opened it right when he picked up so it blew up in his face and all over the inside of the passenger window and on the dash. i made him clean it all up for me for being a dumb ass.

MrBen
08-10-2003, 07:27 PM
:lol :lol

od2681
08-10-2003, 07:34 PM
one time i was with my dad in my 3gee...i bought him a large combo from mc donalds and stuff....when we got out..i dont have a cup holder so my dad put the drink in his lap.well i braked and it spilled all over my floor...fuckin i had to clean it out wtih soap and a carpet brush...haha..

jb2wheels
08-10-2003, 08:47 PM
My wife dumped a Big Gulp on the dash once about 8 years ago and I'm still cleaning it up. I have almost all the HVAC lights working.
I stuff mine between the parking brake and the passenger seat - makes a decent cup holder...

BDaccordguy
08-11-2003, 05:32 AM
right after my parents bought a 99 Dodge Stratus for my sister i took it for a drive and stopped to get a 44 ouncer from the gas station. The cup was made of styrofoam. After about 5 mins of holding it between my legs cuz it was too big for the cupholder, i had to tap the brakes and that stupid thing broke all over the floor. Needless to say i had Lake Mountain Dew with some ice cubes floating around for half of the 20 min drive home.

Vinny
08-11-2003, 05:42 AM
I did that last night, stopped at McD's for a burger and drink, set the too large drink next to the e-brake and as I was pullin outta the drive thru some bitch pulled out infront of me from her parking space. I hit the brakes the soda hit the floor. All you can say in a deal like that is :flipa:

HostileJava
08-11-2003, 06:04 AM
My gf did left bottle of gatorade rolling around the front passenger seat floor and never sealed it tightly. I asked her for a sip of it and she was like, "huh, it's empty, you must have drank it all," needless to say that wasn't the case. :(

'A20A3'
08-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by jb2wheels
I stuff mine between the parking brake and the passenger seat - makes a decent cup holder...

damn right:pimp:

DBMaster
08-11-2003, 06:57 AM
My solution is that I pretty much never drink in the car. I used the e-brake spot for transport from the drive through occasionally. Even with SEi cupholders you still have the possibility of stuff sloshing into your stereo.

Basically, our cars were built back when the Japanese were still early in their bid for major Amercian market share. They generally shun eating and drinking in their vehicles, but after a while they had to finally give in and start designing cupholders into vehicles. The seat belt manufacturer that made the seat belts that were the subject of the huge recall of a few years ago tried to blame Americans for the failure of their buckles. Apparently, it was our "food crumbs and debris" that caused the buckle failures and not a manufacturing issue.

You be the judge.

od2681
08-11-2003, 08:13 AM
i used to do that too..haha

chriskatana
08-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by jb2wheels

Same here! I even put a piece of scrap carpet under there so I don't leave water rings.

Chubs87Accord
08-11-2003, 07:06 PM
try the knee clamp... it works well for me, then again im a 'wide based' guy, dont know how well itll work for you skinny people, haha.... but basical.. theres the door panel then the cup/can and your knee holding it... as long as your not retarded and the cup isnt flimsy, itll be fine.. if its styrofome i just hold it or make the person next to me hold it, haha

MattsAccord
08-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
try the knee clamp... it works well for me, then again im a 'wide based' guy, dont know how well itll work for you skinny people, haha.... but basical.. theres the door panel then the cup/can and your knee holding it... as long as your not retarded and the cup isnt flimsy, itll be fine.. if its styrofome i just hold it or make the person next to me hold it, haha

Is your car an auto because you have to use 2 legs to drive sticks. Or maybe I just don't understand. :werd:

MrBen
08-11-2003, 09:16 PM
I set mine on the seat lever. You know, to recline your seat. It's perfect... it rests between the side of the seat and the door.

od2681
08-11-2003, 10:26 PM
but what if you open the door

MrBen
08-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Then you take it out. Big deal.

od2681
08-11-2003, 10:54 PM
dude i was jus mesin with ya

DBMaster
08-12-2003, 06:58 AM
At least with that method if you screw up it dumps out on the ground instead of inside your car! I like it!

KaMiKaZeE
08-12-2003, 08:37 AM
Man I can't believe how many of you have spilled drinks all over your interior! I bet your interiors are all stained up and ratty looking. I have never spilled a drink in either of my 3geez as long as I've owned them. I'm very careful about stuff like that. If I pick up food in my 3gee, I won't get drinks unless someone rides with me to hold them. Occasionally I have taken a drink with me in the car for myself, usually in between the e-brake handle and the passenger seat, but if I do that, I watch it like a hawk, accelerate gradually, and usually keep a hand on it while braking or turning. I do what I can to keep my cars nice, because I want to be driving them for a long time to come without being embarrased to take people with me. Both my 3geez do need new carpet IMO, but it is due to the previous owner in both cases. And they aren't badly stained or smelly or sticky. The carpets are just worn out from use, and in the white one, there is a small hole worn in the carpet where the driver rested his foot while driving, due to not using floormats.

DBMaster
08-12-2003, 09:04 AM
As Kieran knows from being in my car I have not had much in the way of spills as I do the same things. There was one time when the car was new that my wife spilled a whole milk shake on the passenger side floor mat. All it took to clean that up, fortunately was hosing off the mat and letting it air dry.

By the way, Kieran, there is an auto upholstery place in Garland that sells vinyl heel pads. I bought one to glue down to my driver's side mat after my heel wore a hole in it. You attach it with 3M spray adhesive. I just wish I could remember the name of the place. The owner of Automotion (Honda shop) in Carrollton referred me there several years ago.

KaMiKaZeE
08-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by DBMaster
As Kieran knows from being in my car I have not had much in the way of spills as I do the same things. There was one time when the car was new that my wife spilled a whole milk shake on the passenger side floor mat. All it took to clean that up, fortunately was hosing off the mat and letting it air dry.

By the way, Kieran, there is an auto upholstery place in Garland that sells vinyl heel pads. I bought one to glue down to my driver's side mat after my heel wore a hole in it. You attach it with 3M spray adhesive. I just wish I could remember the name of the place. The owner of Automotion (Honda shop) in Carrollton referred me there several years ago.
Just to clear up any possible confusion, he is talking about me.:D Hey Mike, do you happen to know if any particular paint shop around here is better than others? I'll be ready for paint in about 2 weeks I think, and I'm just looking to get the best paint for my money. I don't really want to spend more than about $500 on it, and I just need it to be all black, possibly with blue pearlcoat if I can get it done for that much.:cool:

DBMaster
08-12-2003, 12:47 PM
I'll answer you through PM to keep from getting bashed. :)

luCid89LXi
08-14-2003, 06:46 PM
hey man no need to buy cupholders...
you know the space between the emergency brake and pasenger seat...thats where i stick my drinks
yours may be diff than mine i dunno

danronian
08-15-2003, 08:22 PM
I bought an adjustable stick on cupholder for the dash shelf. It works great for me, it fits anything from sub soda can to big gulp, it matches the black interior, doesn't block my vision or my vision of the clock, and was only $1.99 at walmart, and above all it doesnt look or feel as bad as a sticky soda stain.