PDA

View Full Version : How To Bridge Amp W/O Problem?

HondaBoy
08-10-2003, 12:19 PM
ok, i have a 100 watt amp i got for $25. anyway, its not the most powerful amp, but its not too bad. well right now i have a 8in jensen dual voice coil in a bass tube hooked up. so its using the left and right connections. what im wanting to do is hook up 1 10in single voice coil to this amp. but the only problem is i dont know exactly how to bridge this amp. my friend told me something about connecting both right and left and getting more power? if thats how, then do i hook up the +/-,+/-...... or +/+, -/-? any help would be great. my amp is up in the front of the car and has the wires running into the trunk. my friend said i shouldnt bridge it in the trunk. i dont know why that would be. HELP!!!

TJ89Accord
08-10-2003, 12:26 PM
What kinda amp is it? There are some amps that you can't bridge (pretty sure). and you usually take the positive from one side, and the negative from the other channel, and plug em into the speaker.

tim

shepherd79
08-10-2003, 12:31 PM
you should be able to read on the amp.

TJ89Accord
08-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
you should be able to read on the amp.

Yah that too lol.

tim

HondaBoy
08-14-2003, 06:30 PM
well it didnt have the ability to be bridged i guess. my friend drew out a pic how to do it cuz he couldnt explain too great. anyway, i did that , which was the correct way. it didnt make any difference. i tried other subs on it and the 2 different 10s he let me try out didnt sound as good as that 8in jensen. i thought what the hell, ill try anything. so i put 2 12in boss 250watt subs in there and there was lotsa bass. i didnt think that would be sounding that great, but its did after all. its working good and sounds nice. i had those 12s hooked up to my kenwood surround stereo in my room along with the 12in tower speakers. anyway, im gonna keep these boss 12s in my trunk. i have them in small home made boxes that look ghetto, but do good cuz i sealed them up realy well. my only problem is how to position them. laying flat facing up toward the top of the trunk sounds good, but also does facing each other fireing at each other with the backs to the rear wheel well hump. i think i will cover them in red fabric to dress them up. oh yeah, the amp is a 100watt rampage. not the best, but it was only $25!!! i maybe get another one that is 350watts and power my 6x9s with the 100watt.