PDA

View Full Version : Hatch is driving me nuts

mag_pbg
08-10-2003, 06:56 PM
My system would sound sooooooo much better, except just about everything rattels in the hatch! I took out all of the plastic interior parts inside the hatch, which took care of some of it, but now the liscence plate rattels, the whole hatch glass, the side windows, the brake light on the hatch glass, and the black plastic peice ontop of the hatch! I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I can stop all of this rattiling.

A Dawg Jr
08-10-2003, 07:06 PM
could be your box

dXsquared
08-10-2003, 07:26 PM
i have NO plastic back there..the hatch is bare... it is going to be soon redone with a 3/4 inch floor board covered in dynamat then carpet, then im gonna builf walls fo rthe trunk out of 1/4 inch particle board... ill stand them up and spray expading foam behind them for more insulation, these will also get dynamat and carpet to match the floor.. i will just have doors to access the lights on th back wall

my glass doesnt buzz, but for the plate, take a 1/2 inch self taping screw and go right through the middle.. i know that this cured all my plate problems...

Travis

87DXHatch
08-15-2003, 03:27 PM
You can also put camper tape/shirts/socks/carpet/other soft stuff behind the liscence plate to stop the rattling.

bboipinoy112
08-15-2003, 03:54 PM
uhmm .. i used GREAT STUFF behind the license plate plastic thing .. i unscrewd it from the inside hatch.. under the tons of plastic .. sprayed some GREAT STUFF .. and smashed the license plate plastic on it .. and no more rattle from that plastic p.o.s .. so yea ... and dynomat the trunk .. and i face my speakers to the front of the car .. quites the rattles a bit .. but doesnt sound as good .. the hatchglass still rattles .. i dont kno what to do about that .. DYNOMAT and GREATSTUFF ..