PDA

View Full Version : **Ohio Meet**

accordlx
06-13-2002, 06:23 PM
OK folks, is anyone interested in having an Ohio meet sometime in July or August. I know that there are at least 20 people on this board that live in or around Ohio. We all punked out last year (including me) so we need to really do it this time. I would say that we do it here in Columbus but I'm up for Cincinnati or Cleveland too. Columbus is very central and is only 3 hours from the farthest corner of the state.

Here are the driving times from other cities in this part of the country to Coumbus driving the speed limit.

Cincinnati......2 hours
Cleveland......3 hours
Indianapolis 4 hours
Pittsburgh... 3.25 hours
Philly..............8 hours (see comment below)
NYC...............10 hours (a long ass drive)
Detroit..........4 hours
Windsor Ontario.. see Detroit
Louisville Ky 3.5 hours

.... and if you are really adventurous..

Las Vegas..... 33.5 hours
Los Angeles... 37.5 hours

Seriously though.. Is anyone interested FOR REAL and has a date in mind so we can plan ahead or is this another half baked ieda?

88DXcoupe
06-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Well, I'm not up for this one, but after this summer I will be as I'm moving to Lake Milton , OH for a year. I'm going to TDDS for Diesel Technology.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-13-2002, 08:23 PM
I'd be up for a meet. I'm not really sure of a date because my schedule is so jumbled up, but something in August would probably work better. I know I'll be in Wisconsin with my dad July 27-29, so I couldn't do it then (unless is was on that Friday the 26th). Columbus would work best for me because it's straight across I-70 (I'm in central Illinois). But it doesn't matter really.

:)

gugumachi
06-13-2002, 09:44 PM
sounds good to me. august would probably be better for me also

StUpiD8000
06-14-2002, 05:34 PM
I would be up for this one. I live right next to Mid-Ohio raceway so Columbus is not to far for me. bout 1 hour. not sure on a date but anything should work with good notis.

87accordlxi
06-14-2002, 09:24 PM
cleveland or columbus works for me. im currently setting up my job for the summer, which will be in construction. as for the exact day, it would have to be in august at least. but preferably between sept 16th and the 25th, since i will be moving back to columbus on the 16th and will have nothing to do until school starts on the 25th.

*i edited because i just got offered to stay in cleveland and still work for the construction company, but in the office. so yeah, cleveland or columbus is cool with me. just not sure when*

89accordhb
06-18-2002, 01:45 PM
I could meet in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, or thereabouts either in August or September.

-

87hatch
06-19-2002, 05:26 AM
i live in pittsburgh, id like to come to the meet but i dont see why its got to be in a ohio,just because the person who lives there wants to have one. meet some were a little more exciting than ohio!:flip:

accordlx
06-23-2002, 10:54 AM
There is plenty of stuff to do here in Ohio. 2 of the biggest amusement parks on the planet are here. We have more professional sports teams than most states, etc. We also have a ton of other attractions not found in other places.

Ohio somehow got a bad rap regarding it being a cow town oriented state. Nothing could be further from the truth.... I wouldnt mind driving to Pennsylvania but from what I've heard from my friends that live there, it is VERY BORING. (No offense)

L Squared
06-23-2002, 01:17 PM
It seems that the StL meet is defunct so I'm up for drivng to Ohio.

-Lē

87accordlxph
06-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Hmmm,

Is there any possibility that we can all meet in central OH?

or maybe in sandusky? we can go to the park there!

wow, 5 hrs from where I live, ouch!

Uhh I dunno guys.

-Mike

89accordhb
06-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Well Chris, I'll put you in charge of making a date for this. I'm getting my transmission in this week then I'll be rolling again.

Jerren
06-27-2002, 11:09 AM
i'd go, maybe some of the other st. louis guys would be willing to make the trip with me. we can meet up with jared. but i'm in.

L Squared
06-27-2002, 04:33 PM
I'm in. I think i can get a couple of guys to go. However my ride is nothing to show off! I wanna meet soome more 3geer's

-Lē

Jerren
06-27-2002, 04:52 PM
stop saying that man, it doesn't matter if your car is modded or even looks really great. all that matters is that its a 3rd gen accord and you like it. lol.

Jerren
06-29-2002, 03:31 PM
umm can we get a permanent date for this thing. i need to know so i can request the weekend off for work. i need to know at least a month or so ahead of time.

87accordlxi
07-01-2002, 07:38 AM
well if no one's gonna speak up, then i'm gonna go ahead and suggest Saturday Sept. 21st in Columbus. Jerren, you'll be back at school in Kentucky by then, right? that way, the drive wont be so bad for you.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Sounds good to me :)

Jerren
07-01-2002, 11:50 AM
actually there is no more ky for me. so i'll be making the trip from stl. the 21st will work though. I just need a few more people to agree on this so i can request that weekend off.

DonnyG
07-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Well Hello Kids and elders. You guys know that I'll be there and chris I would like to correct what you said in your first post. I didn't back down on the meet. And Once again I would like to see more than just 2 other people there. I'll probably be bringing 1 or 2 other 3rd gens along with me. Hell I know there are a couple of new people to this board from Ohio. We need to bring some more attention to this thread. Spread the word a bit. And another question, What are we all gonna do there. Hell I'll do just about anything, do I hear titty bar???? well I'll keep checking up on this post.

gibson86LX
07-01-2002, 08:36 PM
GREETS TO ALL MY OLD 3GEEZ FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, it's close enough...I'll come. I'll prolly come down with 87accordlxi or something. Just as long as you guys don't mind having a mustang in the vicinity...:D I used yo own an 86LX and I'd like to see what you guys have done to your cars! The only thing is, which should I show up in, the 87 5 liter GT, or the 89 2.3L turbocharged LX. What do you guys think? I can post pics later if you want...

decisions decisions...

Originally posted by DonnyG

TITTY BAR

TITTY BAR!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :super:

89accordhb
07-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Im in for the 21st in Columbus or earlier in September.

DonnyG
07-13-2002, 04:40 AM
I'm cool with the 21st and jared if you want to you can stay at my house hell you already know where the marathong in my town is, hell you've been there. Hell if anybody needs a place to crash for the night so they don't have to make a long ass trip back to where ever they are coming from, your more than welcome to crash at my house, We can make smores and sing kumbiya, and we will have the bestest time ever. hehe. ohh yea Joe will we be doing any strange hunting in columbus?!?! it never hurts to have more numbers in your black book.:pimp: <----- He looks just like me now! Jared or any one else just let me know if you want to stay the night at my house on the 21st.

89NinjaAccordLX
07-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Columbus where. I'm sure I wouldn't just drive into Columbus and see you guys. Although it'd be pretty cool if I could. Get back to me. The 89ninjaaccord is just BURNING to get to another meet. Wait, no, that's just my engine due to lack of radiator fluid. Gimme details.

89accordhb
07-21-2002, 05:40 AM
Everyone please sign in!!!

87accordlxi
07-22-2002, 09:32 PM
well we're pretty much all signed in. someone's gotta organize this thing

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Well Joe I don't know if this will help any, but if we're looking for a place to meet up, that wal mart that we met up at was super easy to get to. Just an idea... :rolleyes: :)

Or we could go to Cedar Point again :D hehe

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-23-2002, 01:34 AM
Ok well if nobody else is going to throw out any ideas then I guess I'll start. Personally I'm a fan of state parks. I think it would be cool to go to a park and have a little BBQ, plenty of space to hang out and take pics of our cars without other peeps bothering us, and maybe see some cool scenery too (yea, I'm kind of a nature freak, lol). I've been looking around online and it looks like there's quite a few parks around the Columbus area to choose from.

http://www.ohiotourism.com/discover/outdoor.asp
^^^ Put "central" in the region dropdown box ^^^

http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks/parks/

There's also a Pork festival on the 21-22 of Sept. hehe (yea, I love food, lol)
http://www.ohiotourism.com/search/detail.asp?type=Event&ID=17829

Any of this sound good? If not, then lets hear some ideas!

[BEGIN RANT]
We need to get this thing off the ground! It's nearly the end of July already, and Sept 21 is now less than 2 months away!!! We're all not going to be around here forever, so lets make good use of the time and opportunity we have presented to us now to meet up and have a good time!! This same thing happens every time we (or alot of other peeps) set a meet, people back out, don't show up, or the thing just falls apart. Are we that unmotivated that we can't simply request 1 or 2 days off work and show up? Trust me, it's not that hard. It's called -- COMMITMENT! And don't complain because it's more than freakin 50 miles away. I've driven to meets in Ohio twice now at 6 hours each way, both times. It didn't kill me, and it was well worth it. Not trying to bitch at anybody, but all the excuses get old real quick, ya know what I mean?
[END RANT]

Well regardless of what anyone else decides to do, I'm still coming to Ohio on Sept 21st because I know I can count on Joe and Donny to actually show up and the 3 of us can have a good time (again :)). Can I count on anyone else? You tell me.....

;)

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Oh and Donny, if you don't mind me crashing at your place, that would be awsome! If that offer is still available I think I'll take you up on that. Hotels can get damn expensive! lol :D

89NinjaAccordLX
07-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Wow... you guys get your own "Important" thread. We virginians never got that. By the way... NinjaAccord checking in.

Big Body LX
07-29-2002, 05:07 AM
Ok.. I live in Nashville, but if I can get a firm date on this meet I'll be there. I have to go up to Northwest Ohio anyways to check out the University up there so I'll just make it around that day.

Cliffs notes:

MAKE THIS A FIRM DATE AND I'LL COME

Jerren
07-29-2002, 07:43 AM
I requested off work for that weekend so i'm definitly in. don't leave me jared!!!!

accordlx
07-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Im calling Sat Sept 21st as the official date for the Ohio Meet. I would suggest meeting somewhere around my house. I have a few ideas on what we can do. There is a place on the east side of Columbus where a hundred guys supposedly get together for a weekly "Fast and Furious" type cruise in. There are also several parks not too far away from this area too..... or we could all meet at Easton mall. There are a lot of people who cruise around there. This mall is nothing like any other mall I have ever seen. All sorts of roads that go thru the mall. Many people cruise there with Vipers, Ferrari's, and the occasional Prowler or NSX. Give me an idea of what you want to do and I can organize something with 87accordlxi.

87accordlxi
07-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Easton sounds good. its right off the highway and theres plenty to do within a short drive.

DonnyG
07-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Actually I've heard about that little fast and the furious thing in Columbus. And I got my HoCord back today so if it's sttill running I'll be there.

87accordlxi
08-02-2002, 08:41 AM
if anyone needs directions to Easton, email me where you're from and i'll help you out

Jerren
08-19-2002, 10:14 AM
hey jared, i'll need directions to a place i can meet up with you. and louis are you still going?

L Squared
08-19-2002, 06:56 PM
Hey all
I've had a case of apendicitis this month and i'm finally back to work. With the bills piling up and the lack of money i think i'm going to have to back out for this time. Mayhaps another time.
-Lē

87accordlxi
08-19-2002, 07:30 PM
since chris (accordlx) is taking a leave of absence, im not sure if he is coming. i assume he isnt. but we can still get something good going here on the 21st. who's all in so far? Jared, Jerren, Paul, Donny, Ninja? anyone else i didnt mention?

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-19-2002, 10:42 PM
Yep, I'm still in. Jerren, I'll PM you some directions to someplace in Decatur that's easy to find and we can meet up there :D

89accordhb
08-21-2002, 04:58 PM
I'm still in.

I was just up in Westerville this past weekend.

87accordlxi
08-24-2002, 09:34 PM
we need to figure out a time. if jerren and jared do all the driving in one day, it would have to be like 3pm or so. but if you guys find a place to crash the nite before, then we can make it earlier. lets hear some thoughts

Jerren
08-29-2002, 11:30 AM
what happened to chris?

Site
08-29-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
since chris (accordlx) is taking a leave of absence, im not sure if he is coming. i assume he isnt. but we can still get something good going here on the 21st. who's all in so far? Jared, Jerren, Paul, Donny, Ninja? anyone else i didnt mention?

I'll be there if I can get my car back together with the DCOEs in. Going to a machine shop tomorrow to talk about having the intake manifold made! Should have no problem having everything ready to go by Sept 21. You guys will be the first on the board to see my car with the DCOEs in! This will be my first meet, too.

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Site

I'll be there if I can get my car back together with the DCOEs in. Going to a machine shop tomorrow to talk about having the intake manifold made! Should have no problem having everything ready to go by Sept 21. You guys will be the first on the board to see my car with the DCOEs in! This will be my first meet, too.
Well I hope you can make it! The more peeps we have the better!

If you car isn't back together, there may be someone else in Cincy that could give you a ride, if you wanted. If not, I may be able to work something out with you. ;)

gugumachi
09-02-2002, 08:51 AM
sorry guys, i won't be able to attend. i run the drumline at my old high school and it's competition season, so all my weekends are filled from now until mid-october. site, i noticed you're in cincy also. i'd love to come see those DCOEs after they're in.

87accordlxi
09-05-2002, 10:36 PM
i made a webpage with directions. now, these directions focus on those coming from the east. but i've provided an overview map of columbus for those coming from other directions. it's easy to get to the easton exit no matter where you're coming from. these directions can be used by anyone once you get off the highway. anyone's confused, PLEASE EMAIL OR PM ME!! i dont want people not showing up because they got lost or the directions werent clear enough.

Columbus Meet Directions (http://www.geocities.com/accordlxi87/columbusmeet)

87accordlxi
09-05-2002, 10:48 PM
we'll be meeting up anytime between 2 and 3pm on saturday the 21st. i'll be there at 2, and if youre not there by 3, then we'll have to take off without you. i'll provide my cell phone number when the date gets nearer in case anyone gets lost or will be late.

this is THE date, this is THE time, and this is THE place where we will be meeting up. now who's gonna make it or not?

Site
09-06-2002, 04:29 AM
I'm there!

accordlx
09-06-2002, 06:09 PM
I will be there.

Jerren
09-07-2002, 06:34 AM
i'll still be there.i'llprobably be sleeping in my car since i didn't talk to any one about staying at their place. my car is doing some weird crap right now too. but i'm gonna take it up there any way. hopefully it will stil make it.

StUpiD8000
09-10-2002, 11:15 AM
ill be there to at around 2:30:super:

iiviasterp
09-10-2002, 09:14 PM
i wish you guys would have made this meet about 3 weeks ago...... i would be all about it, im in bowling green, about 15 minutes south of toledo, but i blew the clutch outa my car 2 weeks ago.... oh well, its stored away for the winter... theres always next year

Jerren
09-11-2002, 05:57 AM
no, you just shouldn't have blown your clutch.

riceBURNerLX-i
09-11-2002, 07:34 PM
hey im from Wapakoneta, which is only an hour for me, but lemme make my own map, from where im coming from, and ill check it out. It think it would be cool to meet up, just dont laugh at my car lol

riceBURNerLX-i
09-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey tell me if this is correct, ill be coming from the north so ill be taking stare route 33, then according to yahoo...
5. Take the I-270 exit 0.3
6. Merge on I-270 14.7
7. Take the Exit 32 exit 0.1
8. Continue on RAMP 0.1
9. Turn Right on MORSE RD 0.2
10. Turn Left on STELZER RD 0.8
11. Turn Left on EASTON OVAL/WOODHAVEN DR 0.2
is this where i want to end up at?

87accordlxi
09-11-2002, 08:08 PM
yeah pretty much. just take a right on worth avenue rather than woodhaven. the garage will be on your left

Jerren
09-12-2002, 07:57 AM
wow it seems like a lot of people are gonna be at this meet. seems like it should be fun. so what exactly on our agenda for that day.

87accordlxi
09-12-2002, 08:23 AM
well we can grab something to eat at easton, but i can guarantee the wait will be long at all the restaurants there. it would be great to eat at the cheesecake factory, but the last three times i went there, the wait was over an hour and a half long. we can head to a park somewhere and cook up some burgers and hot dogs, which is always good stuff. if anyone has any suggestions, then let us know