PDA

View Full Version : 1990 integra bodykit is a GO!!!

Legend-H-88
08-10-2003, 09:58 PM
ok lets clear the gray area on our body kits.......

People have said that the Acura integra 1990 body kits will fit our cars. Well i did some extensive research. NOW... lets load down on our make model and kinds of our cars.

for one thing there are a few standards on all our cars. like the wheel base (between front and rear tires) are the same on all models. and width of the car are ALL THE SAME.

now the rear apron for our lovely h/b are annually 3in shorter than the coupe or 4 door sedan.

so lets lay the specs out on paper for our cars.....

wheelbase = 102.4in (front tire to back tire = where you put the sideskirts)

width = 66.7in wide (width of front apron, or rear apron)

now the front and rear tracks are different from h/b to coupe or sedan, because of the rear apron length.

OK so here is the specs of the 1990 integra

wheelbase = 100.4in (on the 3 door h/b) and 102.4 (on the 4 door sedan) ****hince use the 4 door for a better "direct fit"****

width = 67.5in (perfect match for our cars)

NOW the only problems i see is: the rear apron and the turnsignals sticking out to far, (and maybe the sideskirts if you ordered for a 3 door integra. which you could cut and extend those 2.4in with fiberglass)

NOTE ********* i have not tried this conversion yet. But i WILL MAKE IT WORK. i will have my bodykit in about 3 weeks. i will give a detailed description of my progress and detailed photos and a how to for my fellow accord users.....

we all kick ass.......

Neuspeed007
08-10-2003, 10:53 PM
good to know man, i cant wait, because im looking at bodykits and have no idea what i want to do. the integra kits are pretty cool, so keep me posted and definatly the rest of us.

Legend-H-88
08-11-2003, 05:37 AM
:super:

alright i will make sure i keep you guys posted, dont worry when i get everythig figured out, ill post a HOW TO

im probably going to just do a complete 90 te front end conversion, for the sake that i can, but i will include a step by step instructios on a body kit convert with our stock headlights etc.

HostileJava
08-11-2003, 05:45 AM
Just cause they're the same length doesn't mean they are going to have the same curves and match up exactly to our body lines. although from looking at pictures it does look pretty damn close. Please post pics when you do this. I'm think I'm gonna go over to the speedshop by where I work today and see if they let me test fit the front bumper if they have one in stock from one of there teg kits.

Legend-H-88
08-11-2003, 06:03 AM
just because the body lines might not fit, you can always make it fit, your stuck in a 2d world.... there is nothing that you cant make work on a car, but i will post pics and how to's.

hondamanlxi
08-11-2003, 08:46 AM
1) try a rear bumper of a 90-3 accord
2) molding sides will suck, so get used to it
3) front is gonna be a breeze

HostileJava
08-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Legend-H-88
just because the body lines might not fit, you can always make it fit, your stuck in a 2d world.... there is nothing that you cant make work on a car, but i will post pics and how to's.

I understand that, but alot of people aren't looking to spend tons of money having a kit made to fit after they just spent all that money on the kit.

kicker1_solo
08-11-2003, 04:32 PM
I was comparing my gf's 92 accord to mine today. The only thing stopping me from getting a 4th gen kit is I noticed the bumper rounds a lot more on the sides of the front of the bumper, such as in Zwaag's pic, see where it rounds in instead of staying straight, and it makes the corner lights stick out
http://community.webshots.com/photo/47894760/60719115gAIqkg
I do have a 92 teg bumper, I'll have to take off my bumper and actually try to put that one on and see how it fits.

Legend-H-88
08-11-2003, 07:42 PM
yes i understand that there is a money issue with the body kits. but mine is only like 570$ without shipping......

and there will be custom molding and custome fitting. But i will do all that myself, i wish i could get ahold of a camera or a scanner to show you pics of my custom work so far.

but all that will be included in my how to

hondamanlxi
08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
look people ITS NOT GOING TO BE THAT EXPENSIVE! any mods to the front will not be that major! THE 90-3 ACCORD REAR IS A BOLT ON! i would be putting mine on right now, but i had to spend lots on fixing ghetto engineering (sorry mantis)

HostileJava
08-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by hondamanlxi
look people ITS NOT GOING TO BE THAT EXPENSIVE! any mods to the front will not be that major! THE 90-3 ACCORD REAR IS A BOLT ON! i would be putting mine on right now, but i had to spend lots on fixing ghetto engineering (sorry mantis)

A bolt on for what? The hatch, coope, or sedan?

kicker1_solo
08-12-2003, 01:25 PM
that's what I would like to know. What bolts onto what? And do you change anything on the bumper to make it bolt on?

HostileJava
08-12-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm trying to order a teg front bumper from oldschool but he hasn't gotten back to me on pricing.

hondamanlxi
08-12-2003, 02:02 PM
the 90accord back on a 4-door for sure

no on the hatch
maybe on the 2 door

HostileJava
08-12-2003, 04:14 PM
and is the back from the 90 that your refering to for a 2door or 4door 90 kord?

Legend-H-88
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
well i believe that i will half to shorten the rar apron about 3 inches, but thats all good cause there isnt anything that cant be done..........

give me 3 weeks and ill give a how to on the install for all our cars cause i will test fit my 2 door sedan but my body kit will be put on my hatch

Neuspeed007
08-12-2003, 10:11 PM
good to know, keep us posted..

88LXiHatchMOdifier
08-13-2003, 10:12 PM
hehehe, to me, I think you guys are a little late with the whole idea of the Integra front end conversion, and bodykit. I thought of this a long long time ago, but its all good. I was going to do a Integ front end conversion, but I can do something different. Oh well, I can always change my plans(its all gravy).

Peace

HostileJava
08-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Tell me again why you have to do somthing different now. It's not like there is only one front bumper available for the Teg.

hondamanlxi
08-14-2003, 05:22 PM
as far as i can tell, their is no differance in the 2/4 rear bumpers

i thought the teg rear is the one you have to cut two inches off of?!

tuner4life
09-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey everybody for cheap body kits visit ebay!!!!

HostileJava
09-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I guess, shipping is usually kinda exspensive though.

kicker1_solo
09-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by tuner4life
Hey everybody for cheap body kits visit ebay!!!! for even cheaper kits, find a used one on an integra board that is local and go pick it up like I did.