08-11-2003, 11:42 AM
I JUST GOT MY HANDS ON AN A20A MOTOR. HERE ARE MY PLANS:

1. BORE THE BLOCK IF POSSIBLE.
2. PORT AND POLISH HEAD
3. FIND A INTAKE OR MODIFY ONE
4. HEADER AND EXAUST
5. BEEF UP ENTERNALS
6. ADD NITROS

I'M SURE I MISSED SOMETHING. ANY THOUGHTS?
WILL I HAVE ECU PROBLEMS. ANY COMMENTS ARE WELCOME
I'VE GOT ALL WINTER TO MESS WITH IT.....:badass:

bobafett
08-11-2003, 03:06 PM
thast a good start. u will need a mugen sticker though! and a GTR badge!

nah do what you have planned, get a 3angle valve grind, stiffer or double valve springs (i cannot recal if we have double springs, but i am guessing no) get higher compression forged pistons (unless you plan on running a lot of n20) balance the crankshaft, port match the intake and exhaust manifolds to the head, get a cam, and youre all set :)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Get a B- Series.. :)

NXRacer
08-11-2003, 03:13 PM
DONT POLISH THE INTAKE PORTS. You want rough intake ports to mix the a/f properly U can polish the minifold though. Get a b16 or b18c5 intake manifold (i think the C5 works better). Header. reground cam.

If you bore the block, then you'll have to get bigger pistons and i'm not sure if anybody makes them for our car. You may be able to match the specs on other pistons with your new bore size.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
. Get a b16 or b18c5 intake manifold (i think the C5 works better).

Same Manifold dude : ) Just for the sake of asking... How much power are u looking to put out? Question is for geynico, but anybody can answer.

NXRacer
08-11-2003, 03:40 PM
i thought i read somewhere here on the board that the c5 mani would fit better for some reason (which didnt make much sense to me since its a b motor..)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-11-2003, 03:43 PM
i thought i read somewhere here on the board that the c5 mani would fit better for some reason (which didnt make much sense to me since its a b motor..)

Same part number when you buy them. That's why I can't buy one :(

AccordEpicenter
08-11-2003, 05:03 PM
yes NX racer is correct, you want a rough texture in the intake ports, it helps with the mixture, if you do polish it, the fuel will stick to the port and give you a poor mixture (read: lose significant power) porting the intake manifold and changing to a B16 or B18C5 manifold should help, but it has to be modded to make it work. Also you can polish the exaust ports but be very careful not to remove much material or it will KILL the port flow characteristics.

Justin86
08-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Lets say that tha car will make up too 200hp will that B18C5 intake and all the other mods, plus 2.25" exhaust pipe. Openloop got what 160whp and the intake would add a good amount. Then add the nitrious and a turbo and you will compete with Justin if not beat him. What a good 5-7K it would cost for 300hp+

3_GENCYCO
08-12-2003, 09:50 AM
I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH HP I CAN GET OUT OF AN A20A, BUT, I'M GOING FOR EVERY THING I CAN GET OUT OF IT WITH OUT TURBO, OR A SUPERCHARGER(IF THEY MAKE ONE THAT WOULD FIT)

I WANT A "ALL BALLS MOTOR" WITH A LITTLE NITROS. I'VE BUILT A 400HP 350 FOR MY '69 CAMARO. SO NOW IT'S TIME TO FOCUS ON THE ACCORD.

3_GENCYCO
08-12-2003, 12:35 PM
BTW I'M NOT PUTTING ANYTHING BUT AN A20A IN MY ACCORD. I'M GOING TO PUSH THE LIMITS OF THIS MOTOR LIKE NO ONE HAS DAM IT!:mad: :pissed:

NXRacer
08-12-2003, 01:00 PM
I think you're gonna have to do a LOT of R&D work to get more HP then Sean and Justin have. If you wanna get the most out of it, talk to Sean, he pretty much knows all there is to know.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-12-2003, 01:05 PM
I think you're gonna have to do a LOT of R&D work to get more HP then Sean and Justin have. If you wanna get the most out of it, talk to Sean, he pretty much knows all there is to know.

Justin's hatch has 0whp, since he car does not run.. Why not just save the money and buy a JDM B20 or Vtec B- series? Seems like a waste to mod up that A20 engine.. Justin gave up for a reason ya know. Atleast with the B20 you have a better power output to start with.

pimp86LX
08-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 3_GENCYCO
I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH HP I CAN GET OUT OF AN A20A, BUT, I'M GOING FOR EVERY THING I CAN GET OUT OF IT WITH OUT TURBO, OR A SUPERCHARGER(IF THEY MAKE ONE THAT WOULD FIT)

I WANT A "ALL BALLS MOTOR" WITH A LITTLE NITROS. I'VE BUILT A 400HP 350 FOR MY '69 CAMARO. SO NOW IT'S TIME TO FOCUS ON THE ACCORD.

im betting youll get around 160-170hp with a high compression N/A A20 build up. It'll cost ya though. Personally I'd stay away from the Juice. but whatever man.