PDA

View Full Version : My 89 lx Coupe.

Dutchboy
06-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Just a pic of my lx...I got it 2 months ago and since then i tinted the windows,, added a sunroof,, a stereo,,black light inside,,
And i fixed alot of stuff....oh and changed all the wires and plugs.,csp rotor...going to get a accel coil and make a intake for it...soon to come when the money rolls around.
More pics to come
Ben
:D

Jims 86LXI HB
06-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Great cameral angle to help hide that it need's to be lowered, :D IMO. Your car look nice and clean and I like those wheels.

James
06-13-2002, 11:07 PM
I didn't even know they made coupe lx's. I thought they only made coupe Lx-i, Se-i, and Dx.

POS carb
06-13-2002, 11:15 PM
You "Installed" a sunroof? what is it aftermarket or are you replacing a broken one? I wanna know more.
welome :)

damackz
06-13-2002, 11:41 PM
nice ride man ahem i notice tha bc licence have u gone to vancouveraccords.com yet?! :D lol yea i think it would have to be aftermarket cuz tha coupe didnt come with a sunroof right?! hehe give us detailz man :pimp:

offthahook
06-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by James
I didn't even know they made coupe lx's. I thought they only made coupe Lx-i, Se-i, and Dx.

In the US, right. Canada had different names. Looks like an lx-i to me.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-14-2002, 12:50 PM
IS THAT A POWER SUNROOF???
MY LX-I HAS A SUN ROOF, BUT I HAVE TO OPEN IT WITH MY HAND!!

87DXHatch
06-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Count me in on the sunroof bandwagon. What I want to know is if it leaks because I wanted to get an aftermarket sunroof and my brother told me that every single one leaks. Also, would putting an aftermarket sunroof on my car weaken the body (uni-body design)?

BoredRec
06-14-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
IS THAT A POWER SUNROOF???
MY LX-I HAS A SUN ROOF, BUT I HAVE TO OPEN IT WITH MY HAND!!

Coupes never came with sunroofs from the factory. That was a dealer option only. The dealers would have those put on after they already received the car. Only cars to come with sunroofs where 4 door LXi's and SEi's (and I guess EXi's)

P.S. I could be wrong with the 2 door SEi.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-14-2002, 02:51 PM
DuDe.. My Lx-I has a sunroof.... ( Not powered ) but it has one...But If I can get a powered sunroof..I would!!! Luxury R0cKs!!

ACCORD EX
06-14-2002, 03:45 PM
man sun roof isn't that good ! you get rust near it ! :(

MIKE

upstateaccord
06-14-2002, 05:17 PM
my sei(2-door,89) has one, im pretty sure it was factory, doesnt leak at all

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by upstateaccord
my sei(2-door,89) has one, im pretty sure it was factory, doesnt leak at all

Is it powered or not?

damackz
06-14-2002, 06:44 PM
yeah i am pretty sure the lxi(exi) coupes didnt come with one cuz i have never seen one. Mine a 4 door exi does have a power sunroof

ACCORD EX
06-15-2002, 02:59 AM
my ex has a power sunroof ! :rolleyes: :confused:

MIKE

offthahook
06-15-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
my ex has a power sunroof ! :rolleyes: :confused:

MIKE

All factory Honda Accord sunroof/moonroofs are always power.

RobT5580
06-15-2002, 11:53 AM
It looks like the same sunroof i put in my other accord which is power but like in the picture they only open like half way. I got mine from streetbeat customs and it doesnt leak nor affect the structure of the car. If you cut the crossmember on the roof then yes it would affect it but mine is in front of the beam. And it shouldnt rust if done correct.

Dutchboy
06-15-2002, 02:30 PM
WEll the sunroof i put in isnt a power one but it opens by giving a crank a few turns and it pops up and rolls back....I got it off a car excactly like mine but it was a aftermarket one to start with...the mouldings inside match my interior excactyly too!

When you install it if you do it right it wont leak or rust or make the car any less stable..they wouldnt have convertables otherwise hey?? so dont worry about it as long as you use and seal it good..

As for the car its a Canadian model..its a 2 barrel carbed 2l..I wish it were FI ...but beggars cant be choosers....

I also have checked out the Vancouver accords.. nice site..too bad im up in Vernon otherwise i would be there with you guys at the things...

I got a article on sunroof installation with pictures and instructions if anybody wants ,,,or i could put it on the HOWTo..

talk later
BEn

AccordSEi
06-17-2002, 08:04 PM
NO coupes came with factory sunroofs. Not the LX-i s or SE-i s. All were dealer installed.

killerb09
06-21-2002, 05:24 AM
send me that article!! [email protected]

please!!

I've got an SEI sedan adn an SEi coupe want to remove the moon roof form the sedan and put it in teh coupe!!