PDA

View Full Version : where to buy headers?

1988_5spd_lxi
08-12-2003, 04:18 AM
I want headers and air intake, and maybe a new cam. where do i buy them. dc headers is good. but my car is 3geen, what dc header will fit right. also can i get a good header under $300.00? can i do it my self (bolt on)? i have an 88 lxi hatch, that = 120hp. how much hp will i get indivdual from intake, and header, what is the total hp?

Jims 86LXI HB
08-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 1988_5spd_lxi
I want headers and air intake, and maybe a new cam. where do i buy them. dc headers is good. but my car is 3geen, what dc header will fit right. also can i get a good header under $300.00? can i do it my self (bolt on)? i have an 88 lxi hatch, that = 120hp. how much hp will i get indivdual from intake, and header, what is the total hp?

Use a search button at the top corner and search cams or cam*, you can also search delta cam* or colt cam* (use the * symbol)

Again, search. Below I did it for you. Where to buy Dc Sports headers.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=dc+sports+86-89+accord&btnG=Google+Search

For pacesetter headers go here. www.nopionline.com $158

Lot's of pacesetter owners will tell you that they are happy with their header. And their may or may not be reason to think one brand out powers the other. However, if you run a search on this board, "pacesetter headers" you will find a awfull lot of pacesetter owners that have had problems with their headers. You will not find a single post on DC Sports headers on this board with a single complaint,..................NONE. Only thing that will come up is past avaliablity problems.

Flat out, I had a DC Sports header. I felt it was worth every single penny I paid for it. I pondered for quite awhile on weather or not a header would make a differance in power. I debated if I should spend the extra money over the pacesetter. In the end I felt that I did NOT want to be one of the people that had problems with a pacesetter header. I did not want a ball flange vs. the DC Sports flex section, especially since my car was a 5sp and was seeing a awfull lot of full throttle gear chages, meaning the engine is moving allot. Also, I wanted the ceramic finish, vs a simple paint that burns off. To get the pacesetter in ceramic close's the price gap. Another problem that has effected some pacesetter owners has been excessive noise caused by the header hitting the cross member under the engine. I wanted no chance of any of that happening to me.

Not all pacesetter owners have had problems. No matter what, adding a header to a 3g is worth every single penny in terms of the power gain to will get. Which brand someone gets is up to them. But allot can be learned from running a search and reading old posts.

Your question on headers has been asked over and over again, meaning running a search will get you the info you want. You can be sure that it's it's a basic question, run a search and you'll get your answer.

No one know for fact how much hp you'll gain, they can only give you guess's and sometimes, frankly the guessing is REALLY bad. If you can afford the stuff buy them, do it. And know they do make a difference, a difference that I doubt you'll wonder about, know what I mean.

1988_5spd_lxi
08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
thank you. you have good info and detail

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Racing Impulse sells headers. Buy it from them.

Experimental_Honda
08-12-2003, 09:20 PM
my local shop can get dc sports headers, i know in the past they have been pretty hard to find but they can order them from dc it will take a little while to get em. they also said they had a listing for a dc sports catback, im looking into it now.