PDA

View Full Version : Ect sensor locate

MobFigganugga
08-12-2003, 08:18 AM
no one in this area has eva heard of such a sensor. but my shit shuts off just like everyone says no honda garage in the area or nothin no one has heard of it so if someone can show me a pic or describe where it is i can go to junk yard and gank 1 so i can shut my car off without worryin boubt it not startin back up.:barf:
this area sucks all mechanics blow nuts and overcharge and everyone is stupid:stick: HELP

1988starter
08-12-2003, 08:28 AM
I believe it is connected to the thermostat housing behind the distributer.

Vinny
08-13-2003, 12:33 PM
there are 2 switches on the thermostat housing on my LX-i ( I just changed the housing:mad: ) other than your temp sending unit. I had to replace both switches because a machine shop screwed my housing up takin a bolt out and they were closed for the weekend and still had my housing. According the Honda dealer in Atlanta the one closest to the head ( a black one on mine)is what they call a TW Switch (water temp, why they call it TW is beyond me) The next switch out going away from the head Mine was green, the new one I got was blue?)is what they (they=parts counter and book) calleda Thermo switch which is what I had read somewhere was also called an ECT Switch.

rdn
08-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by My Cousin Vinny
there are 2 switches on the thermostat housing on my LX-i ( I just changed the housing:mad: ) other than your temp sending unit. I had to replace both switches because a machine shop screwed my housing up takin a bolt out and they were closed for the weekend and still had my housing. According the Honda dealer in Atlanta the one closest to the head ( a black one on mine)is what they call a TW Switch (water temp, why they call it TW is beyond me) The next switch out going away from the head Mine was green, the new one I got was blue?)is what they (they=parts counter and book) calleda Thermo switch which is what I had read somewhere was also called an ECT Switch.

now i'm confused :)
according to "anchovies", the ect sensor is the one closest to the head.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18020

Vinny
08-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by rdn
now i'm confused :)
according to "anchovies", the ect sensor is the one closest to the head.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18020 Ok he's definitely right by what i am reading, the tech sites got it wrong the TW switch is also known as an ECT