PDA

View Full Version : really really fucked....

badmanferg
08-13-2003, 11:51 AM
hey, i've been cruisin this forum for about a month now (good shit, you guys really helped on a lot)...but im still very very new to shit....with that being said

i got an 87 accord (carb) w/ a 5 speed tranny

when i got the car a month ago everything was fine with the clutch, all gears work properly etc..

but then 3 days ago my car starts giving me hell

its almost impossible to switch gears, like i'll fight with the gear shift to get into first, second....an so on...and downshifting now is almost impossible...

what the hell is going on w/ my car? any help would seriously be appreciated thanks

bless

Vinny
08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
I'd check the clutch first, they don't last forever.

86AccordLxi
08-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Maybe the tranny fluid needs to be changed? Or a clutch adjustment? (i'm thinking of cheap things).

Alex

NXRacer
08-13-2003, 12:06 PM
its not anything mentioned above, it could be your syncros are going out...which means its time for a new tranny.

badmanferg
08-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
Maybe the tranny fluid needs to be changed? Or a clutch adjustment? (i'm thinking of cheap things).

Alex

okay....so im really really new to cars an shit lol

where do i put the tranny fluid?

i searched the forums, an i got diagrams but none label it, and 1 thread said to use engine oil

if anyone can bear w/ me please do

bless...:D

1988starter
08-13-2003, 01:32 PM
here
http://www.geocities.com/geezpict/fill.txt

badmanferg
08-13-2003, 02:18 PM
yo you guys are the illest, much love....i'll try it out man thanks

bless

1988starter
08-13-2003, 02:36 PM
You will need a 17 mm socked and I highly suggext using a 6 side one vs a 12 side one that bolt can be tight and you don't want to strip it. Also with out older trannys I suggest using 1 bottle lucas transmission fix and the rest honda brand MTF (from dealer) many others have tried this and it helps shifting more than expected

badmanferg
08-25-2003, 02:46 PM
yea so....check this....i drained it...

but nothing came out....

nothing at all

i unscrewed it and NOTHING came out...

and im a moron can i get a suggestion on how to fill it? the tranny's at an odd angle and my funnel reaches, and bends to reach...but doesn't go into the tranny...thanks for all the help guys...

bless...:D

NXRacer
08-25-2003, 03:24 PM
longer more flexible funnel?

badmanferg
08-25-2003, 03:42 PM
:lmao: yea but the funnel tip doesn't fit into the hole....

anybody?

bless:D

89AccordCpe
08-25-2003, 04:50 PM
You need a flexible hose with a pump to force the fluid up the hose and into the transmission (like a keg pump)

markmdz89hatch
08-27-2003, 06:49 AM
at Walmart for like $2, you can get the cheap hose that screws onto the top of the oil container. It's real cheap, and might make a small mess, but for $2 it's well worth it.

PS> I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, but which bolt did you remove to drain the fluid? It should have been the one that needed just the 1/2" socket wrench or breaker bar without any sockets attached. The top one (the filler) needs I think a 19mm. When you fill that tranny, use regular motor oil, not tranny oil, or gear oil. The tranny usually takes about 2 qts of oil. You'll know it's full when it seeps out of the filler hole. Then just put the filler bolt back in, and call it a day.

**HINT: I've found that it's easier to fill the tranny from the pass. wheel well if you take the tire off.