PDA

View Full Version : Sponorship

Darkside
08-13-2003, 12:00 PM
So I know that some of the members here work at shops but I was curious how many of us have sponorships? Who they are sponsored by and what they get.

I'll start I have a sponorship through a local shop Darkside (just coincidence). I have two small stickers on my car and I got the 9mm Ractive ignition wires for free. I get discounts on other parts as well but I haven't ordered much lately. The next thing I have to pick-up is my hood scoop. And I think Ty (the owner of the shop) wants me to but a BIG Darkside sticker on the windshield.

NXRacer
08-13-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm not sponsored, but i own my own business so i get good deals through my distributor. I imagine if i bought a lot of stuff or i asked i might be able to get sponsored. Usually if you're in a club you can get sponsored, but then you have to deal with all the crap that comes along with being in a club.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Paying Dues and stuff like that and them telling you what you need to do.

markmdz89hatch
08-13-2003, 12:24 PM
not exactly the same, but I was did a lot of researching into sponsorships when I built my audio system, and honestly (IMO) it's just not worth it.

If you get a true sponsorship, the sponsor will usually give you the parts at cost and install everything for nothing. In exchange for that, they usually make you sign with them to commit to bringing your car to certain shows of their choice and basically letting them use your car as their form of marketing. Only major problem with that is, just as quickly as they're installing all these goodies for you, they can take it all back. If you don't want them to take it back, but you want out of the sponsorship, they usually will make you pay for all the parts/labor that have gone into the car in order to keep what's in it.

IMO, I'd rather just do it myself. But if they just ask you to throw their sticker on your car, and in exchange, they'll give you discounts on things you buy from them, then I'm game.

tk89acc
08-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Im not really sponsored but I get good deals from my friends that own local shops and I get discounts through my clubs sponsors.

Darkside
08-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Sweet I'm glad you guys are getting deals one way or another. As we all know any little bit helps. If you ever need any thing I can get let me know and I'll get a price from my friend. Peace

hondamanlxi
08-13-2003, 03:07 PM
hey, i would take it as an honor JUST to be asked!

.....then i would say no!

Hash_man_Se_i
08-13-2003, 04:37 PM
I am not sponsored, but I do get everything I want for my car at 10% over our cost throught my work. (partsource.) its cool

DeathRat
08-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
I am not sponsored, but I do get everything I want for my car at 10% over our cost throught my work. (partsource.) its cool
Which PartSource? I used to work for 790, the Largest one in Canada!:smokin: I work for a Pontiac Dealership now mind you, but I've got my own business too.:super:

Mike89Accordcom
08-13-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah I know guys who own performance shops. So I get hooked up a lot...

Hash_man_Se_i
08-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Which PartSource? I used to work for 790, the Largest one in Canada! I work for a Pontiac Dealership now mind you, but I've got my own business too.

711. Its a wicked job, especially seeing as I am only 16.... but it is my 5th job lol