PDA

View Full Version : Makin these subs sound nice!

Kemperz
08-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Off of a friends cousin I just bought two 350watt Pioneer TS-WX101 subwoofers in a box with what i'm pretty sure is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 200S Amp. It's got plenty of bass, but it's like a loud thumping bass, I want to know how to get the nice low deep bass outta the subs, like how to change the amps gain and all that stuff. Any help would be great, also, I bought a little pyramid electronic crossover too, if anyone can help me figure out how to set it up, and what to put all the dials and stuff to that would be great, sorry I'm a newbie at car stereo and really wanna get those subs sounding nice. Thanks all.

dXsquared
08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
i would say to build a big box...

if you can get the T/S specs of the sub, i can tell you the exact size box to build to make them hit low

Travis

Kemperz
08-14-2003, 12:02 AM
I've already got them in a box set out to the right size. thanks for the suggestion though.

dXsquared
08-14-2003, 12:05 AM
then your not gonna get any more performance...

set the crossover on the amp to OFF... or FULL... then use the Pyramid crossover to set the Lowpass filter at 80HZ... then turn the bass boost upp till it fits your liking...

Travis

shepherd79
08-14-2003, 03:12 AM
make sure the amp is bridged and subs are running in 4ohm. or you will overload your amp.

AccordEpicenter
08-22-2003, 10:40 PM
those subs dont play that low or deep, their excursion limits arent very big. If you want them to play deeper either get a bandpass box (i dont reccomend ported for those) or different (and possibly larger) subs

87DXHatch
08-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK

Travis

Bam, that's it right there. If you want to change how the subs sound, you MUST change the enclosure. The enclosure plays THE biggest role in determining how a sub will sound.

Large enclosures extend much lower than smaller enclosures, have better transient response, and are much more efficient. Smaller enclosures are usually louder, but it's higher bass, and thus more peaky and annoying.

If you REALLY want some low end, port them... that's what a ported box does, bolsters low end (when built for SQ... ported boxes boost a fairly narrow band of frequencies higher than your tuning frequency.).

zero.counter
08-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
Travis
Or you could trick it some by adding box stuffing. It's a quickest and easiest way to squeezing a little more bass out of the box.