PDA

View Full Version : 2.25 Pipes

swiftly_driven
08-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Meineke does all my exhaust installations. Can I ask for 2.25 pipes when I put my new muffler on? I am getting a 3A Racing exhaust with a silencer. Is this exhaust good for me performance wise with the 2.25 pipes or should I get a better one? Can you guys let me know what mufflers would be better for me? Also, let me know how much it will cost me to do the installation. I have a 1988 Honda Accord LX with NGK wires and plugs...my car is nice. I will show pics once I get my rims...

holla back
:wtf:

86AccordLxi
08-14-2003, 09:38 AM
2.25 inch exhaust piping is the perfect size. As to your muffler, I honestly don't know what's good or what's bad. I have a ractive stainless and that works fine and sounds good. And a meineke exhaust shouldn't be *too* expensive, i don't think.

Alex

dXsquared
08-14-2003, 09:44 AM
any IMPORT sytle muffler will be OK... if you want a deeper mellow tone, go for a Flowmaster with a smaller tip.. teh pigs wont be after you so much

Travis

NXRacer
08-14-2003, 09:52 AM
i had a friend hook me up at meinke and they charged 80 bucks to put a 2 1/4" cat back pipe on with a monza tip (i already bought) on the end. I imagine to have catback piping and a muffler installed it will cost anywhere from 150-200 bucks. I had another shop install header-back piping on my fiesta with a resonator and california turbo muffler and it cost me around $300. If you're really concerned about price, shop around.

3rdgenlxi
08-17-2003, 07:13 AM
I want to some red-neck muffler joint in alabama and they hooked me up with a 2.5 in cat back exhaust and removed my resonator. and a super turbo muffler with 2.5 in. tubes. It worked like a charm.... mellow low and smooth. does not sound like a bumble-bee in a soda can!

bobafett
08-17-2003, 10:48 AM
yeah in general these accords sound great with exhaust done.. nothing like the 1.5L civics everywhere... :)

crwa
08-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Its funny,. people don't directly ask the shop how much it will cost, they ask us, like we would know.

Here's what you do, go to the muffler shop tell them what you want and see how much they quote you. Then go to the next guy see what he says for the same thing, and so on.

And performance mufflers are performance mufflers, you won't get one to make 3 hp and another to make 20hp.

Accord7SE_i
08-19-2003, 11:11 PM
WORD!!!!
im with crwa