PDA

View Full Version : rattle probs?

luCid89LXi
08-14-2003, 04:40 PM
I am going to get a pair of 12 inch audiobahns pretty shortly, and i was wondering if anyone had a problem with vibration...even without the subs i can hear a little in the door

any suggestions?

shepherd79
08-14-2003, 05:15 PM
one word: DYNOMAT.

Zigman168
08-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Yes Dynomat

87DXHatch
08-15-2003, 03:03 PM
No, not Dynamat. Dynamat is a sound deadener, this means that it is mainly used to add mass to panels which then lowers their resonant frequency. It also blocks sound transmission, which keeps more sound in, and lowers the sound you hear outside. If you want to get some sound deadener, be advised that it probably won't kill rattles, though it sometimes does.

However, I would highly recommend sound deadening in ANY type of install... it makes speakers sound better, subs sound better, lowers road noise, and lowers music heard outside the vehicle. All around great stuff.

Check out:
www.secondskinaudio.com
www.edesignaudio.com <-- I currently have my car sound deadened with their stuff
www.fatmat.com
www.raamaudio.com

All 4 of those make similar/better products than dynamat at wayyyy cheaper price. I bought 120 sq. ft. of eDead for around $150 shipped, it would have cost me 2X that to do it with Dynamat.

If you want to kill rattles, all you have to do is find the culprits (usually plastic trim panels) and put camper foam tape around the edges of it so they'll still vibrate, they just won't rattle anymore. Sound deadening is fairly straight forward and easy, rattle killing takes creativity.

NXRacer
08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
you can also use that expanding foam shit and put it in all the little nooks and cranny's to help deaden sound. Its light as hell and easy to install!! And if you dont want it anymore, it cuts out fairly easy. That way you dont have to rip our your entire interior to install the stuff. Just an idea.

87DXHatch
08-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah, I was going to mention that... haha, I forgot it amongst all the other stuff I was writing.

luCid89LXi
08-15-2003, 04:14 PM
hey guys thanks i got some dynomat and it did helpp stop vibration in the doors but i put a shit load in...

whatever works

AccordEpicenter
08-20-2003, 08:43 PM
ive always had problems with the rear deck rattling in my lxi sedan... i cured the trunk mostly with sprayfoam