PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness w/ radio not storing memory.

1989 DX R
08-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Alright, I've been trying to install a new headunit in my car for the past two weeks, but its just not working. I got the adaptor and spliced the wires correctly, but the three units I tried would not work. So I re-install my old unit, and now it won't remember anything! I checked the fuses and they are ok. The clock on the dash doesn't work anymore. It works ok when the car is on, but when I turn it off, it loses the memory, like the 12v for the memory is cut or something.

shepherd79
08-14-2003, 05:14 PM
i think there is a fuse under the hood. i can't remember the number.
check them.

88accordhatchdx
08-14-2003, 05:16 PM
that happened to my friend too. Check your wiring, he wired his wrong and it never remembered his settings then he checked the wiring and fix one wire and it remembered his settings and the clock worked too

Mac
08-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Check fuse # 11 (10A) in relay panel.

Mac
08-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Is that all that's not working (the memory)? If it is and you find that fuse #11 is bad, make sure that the yellow wire from the HU is attached to the yellow/red wire in your car. I think that the yellow/red wire is the memory wire and should have 12 volts all the time (key on or key off).

Zigman168
08-14-2003, 09:07 PM
The 2 power wire are backwerds yellow and red

TJ89Accord
08-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Zigman168
The 2 power wire are backwerds yellow and red :werd:

Zigman168
08-14-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm a Bose Tech
i now im werd

catalin
08-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Actually his constant power fuse is blown. It supplies the clock, radio and most likely the cigarette lighter circuits.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-15-2003, 07:25 PM
I have the same problem, but for me its only the memory for the radio stations. Would that be the fuse?

catalin
08-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
I have the same problem, but for me its only the memory for the radio stations. Would that be the fuse?

If everything else works then I would say it's definately a problem with the constant power wire or a fuse on the back of the stereo.

What make and model is the stereo??

TJ89Accord
08-15-2003, 11:49 PM
You have two power wires for the stereo. One for constant power (straight to battery), and one that is an ignition turn on. If they are hooked up backwards, the radio will still work, but You wont be able to save stations and stuff. They are usually red and yellow wires. If the fuse blew on the power wire, the radio wont come on at all. You have to have both of these wires powered in order for the radio to come on.

So if you can't save stations, switch the constant and ignition turn on wires...

tim

Hash_man_Se_i
08-16-2003, 12:13 AM
If everything else works then I would say it's definately a problem with the constant power wire or a fuse on the back of the stereo.

What make and model is the stereo??

It is the stock deck in my se-i. But I am not gonna bother with it, because I think I am getting a new system including deck next week.

POS carb
08-17-2003, 10:50 PM
bro check the fuse under the hood, Honda has this weird way of wiring unrelated components to the same fuse but definately your radio isn't recieving constant power

lostforawhile
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
You have two power wires for the stereo. One for constant power (straight to battery), and one that is an ignition turn on. If they are hooked up backwards, the radio will still work, but You wont be able to save stations and stuff. They are usually red and yellow wires. If the fuse blew on the power wire, the radio wont come on at all. You have to have both of these wires powered in order for the radio to come on.

So if you can't save stations, switch the constant and ignition turn on wires...

timwhit/blue is the memory wire lighter circuit courtesy lights trunk light dome light

3rdCoast
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
there isnt a "memory wire" its a constant power wire they actual device keeps the memory but when it doesnt get constant power then it gets reset everytime its turned on and off chances r ur not just losing ur radio station presets but probably ur sound settings too. I know i would pissed if i had to fix the settings every time u turn ur head unit on. PPL please dont cut ur factory radio wiring harnesses to put in an aftermarket radios they make wiring harnesses for our cars and all u have to do is match the colors up with the aftermarket radio wires. WIRING HARNESSES WILL SAVE U SO MUCH TROUBLE. .....................it does sound like u got maybe the ignition turn on lead wire and the constant 12v power wire crossed try switchin them and remember connect ur ground wires on any electrical devises like amps, radio's etc 1st. this will avoid many blown fuses and u wont be scratchin ur head wondering y ur stuffs not workin even though all the wires r connected right (connecting a power wire before the ground is connected will blow a fuse)