PDA

View Full Version : Okay, its not the window switch..

krott5333
08-14-2003, 08:20 PM
My driver side window hardly ever goes down, i have to press the down button like 100 times before it goes down. The passenger side is fine, i thought it was the switch. Replaced it, its not the switch. I can hear a clicking sound inside the front part of the door when I press the switch, but nothing happens?

What do I need?

Thanks

:confused:

krott5333
08-14-2003, 08:27 PM
oh, forget to say, the window goes up just fine, just not down very well.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-15-2003, 01:14 PM
It could be your window control unit that is located inside the driver's door. Mine was faulty and the driver's window would not do anything at all. Replaced the controller with a J/Y unit and haven't had a problem yet. I think the 86-89 controllers are universal except for two door models (four doors vs. two to control). Try replacing the controller and see if it helps.

I hope you find this helpful.

bigpoppa88
08-15-2003, 03:34 PM
what about under the passenger seat? Aren't those relays for the power windows?

88LXi/87CRXSi
08-15-2003, 04:55 PM
I think those two relays under the seat are for the sunroof. '89AccordLX(Rus) has it right, if it's not the switch or motor, it's the module. My module would let the window go down, but not up.

dj99
08-15-2003, 06:46 PM
When my window quit working, I broke my control unit open to get to the circuit board. It's pretty easy, and once inside I noticed the solder joints on the little relays came loose. When you flex the relay, you can see the post wiggle in the solder. I re-soldered them and taped the box back together and all is well. Cost $0.00. :)

tedwright
08-16-2003, 12:33 AM
my drivers window does the same thing. it only happens everyonce in a while, but tonight it was doing it like crazy for the first time in months. i couldnt figure it out bc it was making a clicking noise when i hit the switch. you know where the door panel comes against the dash when you close the door? well open the door and give that about 3 good kicks. dont worry about hurting anything, my panel still looks brand new LOL. never failed me. learned this trick on the hottest day of the summer so far with no ac, in a shitty mood.

Mac
08-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Is it slow going down when the window is all the way closed? Or is it slow when the window is half way closed? It could be a few teeth in your regulator are broke.

When it does go down is it slow all the way down or just slow to start?

Vinny
08-18-2003, 07:24 AM
might check your motor, mine would click when it got to a certain point, which was the gears in the motor stripping, I took it out and turned it by hand and sure enought it had spots the it just wanted to stick, also make sure your tracks are wll lucked and that the regulator tracks are free of debris

krott5333
08-18-2003, 08:22 AM
The thing is, it goes up just fine, nice and fast, but it like never goes down anymore. Once in a great while. Would that be the motor, or the "module"?? Whats the module look like?

Vinny
08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
mine would go fine then stop and just click click click but new motor and reg and it works fine now

88LXi/87CRXSi
08-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by krott5333
Whats the module look like?

It's about 3'X4', black, mounted in the upper front part of the drivers door, where the clicking is coming from. Once you get the door panel off, you'll see it. Might want to try what dj99 suggested and look for bad solder joints. As far as whether it's the motor or control unit(module), I guess you'll have to check the motor winding resitance or wire the motor directly to 12v

krott5333
08-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Okay, I got it fixed, I got a module from a junkyard, that a-hole charged my $40 for the damn thing. At least it works now.

dj99
08-19-2003, 06:16 AM
So, now break open the module and check the solder joints. :rolleyes:

Cheap RadioShack soldering iron $7.

I tried. :D

krott5333
08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
I checked the joints, they all looked fine...beats me.. oh well, better paying $40 then suffocating from lack of damn A/C, sons of bitches, im gonna snap