PDA

View Full Version : Idle doesn't drop

86AccordLxi
08-15-2003, 08:50 AM
When I'm driving (usually on hot days) and I'm cruising along, when I push in the clutch, the idle will hang for a bit, then drops to about 2k then sloooooowly makes its way down to normal idle ~1k. Is there any way to fix this? Also, is there a way (besides lightening the flywheel) to get the idle to drop faster instead of hanging. Thanks. I did a search and saw some info regarding the idle control valve--would replacing this solve my problem? Also, how much are they?

alex

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Because you noted that this generally happens on hot days, maybe your throttle cable or something else related to the throttle is sticking due to expansion and lack of lubrication. Have a look at the cable and linkages and operate the linkages by hand to see if they stick. With fuel injection this would probably be the main area to look at. If the throttle cable and linkages are alright, it can be a sensor that is fouled or something else (sorry, don't know much about FI :D) Maybe you should try to clean the throttle body and see if that helps any.

I hope you find this helpful.

chriskatana
08-15-2003, 01:33 PM
ditto, sprayed mine sith STP silicon spray and had someone pump the pedal while i sprayed, never sticks and get smoother throttle now!

bobafett
08-15-2003, 03:32 PM
alex when u get headers and cat and more mods u get better response and the rpms rise and fall quicker for sure. i was really suprised reving my car after header is felt so quick.. now it feels slow and i need a flywheel lol