PDA

View Full Version : i finally have power agian

Sean
08-15-2003, 06:36 PM
power is finally back on here in the detriot metro area. i was out at the dream cruise today and the were still patchs of black outs. but its much improved. is there anybody here that has any idea WTF is going on. ?? i figure somebody bomed the niagra power station. its the only way that much drain could have cuased the system wide failure. i cont much belive the BS lighting stirke part either. if there is no physical cuase id start to suspect a EMP bomb then.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Sean
power is finally back on here in the detriot metro area. i was out at the dream cruise today and the were still patchs of black outs. but its much improved. is there anybody here that has any idea WTF is going on. ?? i figure somebody bomed the niagra power station. its the only way that much drain could have cuased the system wide failure. i cont much belive the BS lighting stirke part either. if there is no physical cuase id start to suspect a EMP bomb then.

Is power fully restored? Power was fully restored here around 5pm. ( NYC ) It was pretty ruff, but not as bad as I imagined. I got a 7 mile hike out of it and mild chest pain.

Vega88lxi
08-16-2003, 06:29 PM
When It happened thursday the lights flickerd for a second and that was it. :)

zero.counter
08-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sean
is there anybody here that has any idea WTF is going on. ?? i figure somebody bomed the niagra power station. its the only way that much drain could have cuased the system wide failure. i cont much belive the BS lighting stirke part either. if there is no physical cuase id start to suspect a EMP bomb then.
Three transmission lines in Ohio apparently started a chain reaction that caused the blackout where you live, according to utility officials.

MattsAccord
08-16-2003, 06:36 PM
They have said so many different things I don't even know what to belive. The media sucks sometimes.

Sean
08-17-2003, 06:39 PM
im sure if it was something like an EMP bomb theyd keep it hush hus

1989 DX R
08-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Turns out it was a failure in the Ohio region. Because transmission lines were damaged, the grid had a surge of power, which made all the other generation facilities go offline to prevent any damage.

Sean
08-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R
Turns out it was a failure in the Ohio region. Because transmission lines were damaged, the grid had a surge of power, which made all the other generation facilities go offline to prevent any damage.

havent seen any source to confirm this have you ?

sanjay
08-17-2003, 08:21 PM
do you think the media is lying? perhaps it was BANK ROBBERS! yeah, that sounds kewl.

POS carb
08-19-2003, 07:17 AM
I heard it was caused by a stack of Crown amplifiers somewhere in the Miami area :flip:

Vinny
08-19-2003, 07:24 AM
it was aliens

87accordlxi
08-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Sean, if it was an EMP bomb, people wouldn't even be able to start their cars, run generators, or even use battery powered equipment. Everything that used electrical current would be fried. Seeing as though everything has largely returned to normal, it's pretty much impossible for it to be caused by an EMP.

NXRacer
08-19-2003, 07:51 AM
if it was an EMP you wouldnt be using your computer right now or driving your car. ANYTHING with an electrical circuit would be fried beyond repair.