PDA

View Full Version : Which sub, and amp to get???...

Hash_man_Se_i
08-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Getting a system in a week or so. And I am getting an alpine deck (dont remember model number) And I want to get 1 nice powerful 10" sub, and an amp to power it well.

Right now I am looking into the MTX 8000 10" sub, and mtx 6150D*(not sure if right model number) amp.

So it is 400w RMS, and 800Peak, and sounds really nice.

What else would you reccomend which is somewhat similar in specs.???

Thanks
-Hash_man

Bloodlust
08-16-2003, 05:32 AM
If you like the sound of a 10" sub, I would get yourself something made my MA Audio. Go onto their website and check out the specs and stuff. And my philosophy is if you can match the maker of the amp and the headunit, it is going to work out beautifully. But I dont think that MA Audio makes headunits, and if they do they are not any good. For instance, I had an Alpine Headunit, Kenwood Amps, and an MB Quart Sub. Then I found out that the Kenwood Excelon Series amps have a special relationship with Kenwood Excelon Headunits. They have a feature called BMS Frequency, which is basically a bass boost and adds 12 true Db's to your sub. And it just so happened that I had a Kenwood Excelon Headunit lying around so I put that in and sold my alpine last night. I turn it on, and my bass is twice as loud as before, I mean honestly I must be hitting at least 145 Db. So I would recommend a Kenwood Headunit, and Kenwood Amp, not just because that is what I have, but because they are so easily compatable and good quality.

A Dawg Jr
08-16-2003, 08:34 AM
10" Infinity Perfect

luCid89LXi
08-16-2003, 09:40 AM
check out the audiobahn site

www.audiobahn.com

i love their products...ebay has some great stuff too...if you know what to buy and what no to

Hash_man_Se_i
08-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Ya Bloodlust, MA audio are wicked subs. I sold my 3 10's to my friend, and he hooked them up with his jvc deck and alpine MRD-M500 amp and they POUND! Really good subs, and they are cheap as hell here, so I am considering it. But they are not of the greatest quality, so I dont know if I will get them.

87DXHatch
08-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Give me a budget and I can give you optimum gear for the money.

Amps I recommend:
[email protected] <-- send him an email with "catalog request" in the subject. He sells really cheap amps, that are really nice.
www.edesignaudio.com <-- if you're looking to get some really really nice amps that are fairly cheap (for the quality/power).

Subs I recommend:
www.edesignaudio.com <-- look into the e10k, e10o, and e10a.
www.adireaudio.com <-- 10" brahma... probably way out of your price range, but a kick ASS sub.
www.respl.com <-- I'm not even sure if they sell 10" subs, but I'm pretty sure they do... you might have to email them to get a pricelist.
www.ikesound.com www.sounddomain.com www.thezeb.com <-- look into Pioneer Premiers... very nice budget subs.

Project-LXi
08-16-2003, 11:08 AM
My personal experience with MTX products is that they are the suck. My Thunder4200 series amp crapped out on me after only 6 months of use.

If your only going for 1 sub, I strongly suggest that you consider JL, few product lines can push that kind of power.

87DXHatch
08-16-2003, 12:19 PM
JL makes very nice quality products, but they are also impossible to find online authorized (JL simply doesn't sell online) and they are expensive offline too. You can do better for the money, but they are still top-quality stuff.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-16-2003, 04:02 PM
I am looking at the eclipse 10" sub, the black one right now, and an alpine MRD-M300 amp.

How is that sub?? I have heard eclipse is awesome.

dXsquared
08-16-2003, 08:10 PM
hmm.. i think i have an idea...

lol.. your in canada.. so am i.. i have an amazing sub that sounds awesome and POUNDS like all hell... i only want 200 plus shipping for it... its a JL AUDIO W3... it only likes about 300-350 watts RMS, but does it ever sound nice...

www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

ask 87DXhatch about this sub.. its a real nice one...

Travis

Hash_man_Se_i
08-17-2003, 11:59 PM
I wouldnt mind the JL, but i dont feel like buying through someone and and that shit, I would rather buy here locally. Prefferably at a local store that carries almost everything... alpine, clarion, eclipse, Focal, audison, mtx, xtant..... and waay more.

And the eclipse I am looking at is about 600W RMS i beleive at 4ohms.

AccordEpicenter
08-22-2003, 10:29 PM
JL is very nice.... Hash, all those brands are very good. Ive had mixed experiences with MTX, and I like their newer higher priced amps, but their low end subs sound ok but burnout all the time (personal experiences with both) and they seem overrated

Hash_man_Se_i
08-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Well I think I am decided on what I am going to get. I will be getting the MTX 8000series 10" sub, and an Audison amp. 420W x 1. And its not digital woooohoo!. And an alpine deck, not sure which one yet though.