PDA

View Full Version : I really need help with Carb

Techno
08-17-2003, 05:14 PM
I did the vacuum line removal and modded the airbox to the box off the 88-91 civic.
This is the problem. Everyday when I start my car, I send out a HUGE cloud of blue smoke that smells like raw fuel. The car runs like crap as well. The engine chops really really bad. It almost seems like it is starving for air. That is the thing though, the choke is fine. The car does this each time it is started when cold.
My gas milege has gone really low as well. I used to get 26-27 mpg and now I am lucky if I get 21!!

Please, someone tell me what could be wrong and how do I fix it!!!!!!!!!

Techno

shepherd79
08-18-2003, 03:18 AM
well, can you take some pictures of what you did?
this way we can see if you pluged or left something out.
you are the second person that has problems with removing the vacuum lines and keeping choke.

Techno
08-18-2003, 06:45 AM
Will take pics later on today. I had to work last night and have not been home yet.
Just to clarify what vacuum line removal I did, I followed A20A1's removal guide.

Techno

shepherd79
08-18-2003, 06:56 AM
oh yeah, mike has one mistake in his HOW TO.
Vacuum line #2 from distributor should not be connected to the intake manifold vacuum cylinders 3 &4. Insted it should be connected on the back of the manifold for even vacuum.
There are a few other things you should plug before you make final run. Look at my HOW TO what to plug and connect.
you will have to apply mike's and my HOW TO together.

Techno
08-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Alex,

Where is your HOW TO? I do not see it there in the how to section.

Techno

shepherd79
08-18-2003, 10:56 AM
it is on the same HOW TO. it is the first link
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11067
Accord Ex hosted for me.