PDA

View Full Version : keeping an engine bay clean

Busted_Blue
08-17-2003, 07:23 PM
anyone have tips on keeping an engine bay clean?

for starters..everytime i wash my car..(assumed car is cold) i rinsed the engine bay and start it up right after. then i go for a run around the block..then come back to dry off my car. I was wondering what kind of strategies do you guys take to keep the engine bay clean.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pd7cbafeb2c67b782f9c10959f04017d6/fb7315a3.jpg

mykwikcoupe
08-17-2003, 08:14 PM
I dont know man that looks pretty clean as it sits. i have a landa steamer pressure wsher that I user. I use the degreaser that costco sells and a 60 degree tip on the wand to keep the pressure down. When the steam hits the dirt or grim it just washes away. Takes like 2 minutes and whenever you put forced water on an engine stay away from distributer and other electronics. Youll know what I mean if you get to close. Car wont start or misses like hell.

The other thing I do is take the air compressor to it after its all washed to clear out any standing water and all. Be careful which chemicals you use some arent suitable for paint and some even destroy the elstisity of rubber so all the hoses and stuff fall of after a few times.