PDA

View Full Version : Start/no Start Help!~!!!!!

ssophab
06-14-2002, 12:25 PM
SOMETIMES MY CAR WILL START, SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T WANT TO START. COULD IT BE MY FUEL PUMP? I CHECKED THE FUEL FILTER AND IT'S FINE. I HAVE EFI. I CHECKED MY SPARK PLUGS AND IT SEEMS THAT GAS IS NOT GETTING TO MY SPARK PLUGS. I'M CHANGING MY FUEL PUMP THIS WEEKEND.

BoredRec
06-14-2002, 01:24 PM
First of all, take off your damn caps lock.
Second of all, you need to give us a little bit more info...no crank? crank no start? no start when hot? no start when cold?

dosh8er
06-15-2002, 01:01 PM
i'm willing to bet it's his master fuel relay. It happens to our old 3g's in weather like this. I am going to post a thread on how exactly to do this, and where the fsck the relay is to the untrained eye.

ssophab
06-17-2002, 03:39 AM
Sorry about the caps lock. I work for a circuit board manufacturer and when I am working on the system, it caps lock my keyboard for me... It was the main relay. I checked the fuel pump and it works... then I checked the filter and it works... so, I changed the main relay. .. parts stores don't carry them... man, it was tough finding an open junk yard on a sunday... **the relay failed on me on a trip**

89RIDE
06-17-2002, 04:42 PM
I'm still having the same problem with my car, and i've had it for about 4 months now. I'm almost 100% positive it's my fuel pump, because i've checked and changed everything else, including the master relay. How do you check to see if your fuel pump is working or not? Thanks for the help

89RIDE
06-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Let me reword that question.........How do I check to see if my fuel pump is working properly?

BoredRec
06-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Make sure you have power to the fuel pump, and a good ground. Also use a fuel pressure tester to make sure you have good pressures.

ssophab
06-18-2002, 04:22 AM
To check if your fuel pump is working:
1. Take your fuel pump assembly out of the car.
2. Take your fuel pump out of the assembly
3. Place the positive end of the fuel pump and place it to the positive terminal and place a metal part of the fuel pump and place it on the negative terminal of your battery.

Note: You have to get some spare wires to connect the positive end of the terminal of the battery and place your pump on the negative terminal