PDA

View Full Version : brakes hissing?

xaccordx89x
08-17-2003, 08:28 PM
I've noticed that my brakes are starting to make hissing noise when i barely tap it...but when i put more pressure it dissapears. This also happens when im just cruising and i hear the same hissing noise...I was wondering if i change the brake pads...would it slove this problem.

shepherd79
08-18-2003, 03:22 AM
your brake pads are rubbing the rotor. check your pads. if they are ok spray some silicon on the caliper (not the rotor)

PandA
09-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Hi,

I am also getting a slight knocking noise when the brake is applied gently e.g. when rolling up to traffic lights.

If you stomp on the brakes there is no noise

I know my brakes will need replacing soon, but I have a couple of long trips to make before I can get them changed.

Since the noise is only slight and happens only with slight brake pressure, should the car be still safe to drive for a bit?

For what its worth, the car was serviced 2 weeks ago by Honda who said I would have to get the pads replaced next service (in 10,000 Km, 6 months)

Thanks, PandA

AhPunk
09-16-2003, 04:09 AM
the last time i got this sound, i replace the pad with semi metalic pad, then the noise got lower and gone later.

DeathRat
09-16-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by PandA
Hi,

I am also getting a slight knocking noise when the brake is applied gently e.g. when rolling up to traffic lights.

If you stomp on the brakes there is no noise

I know my brakes will need replacing soon, but I have a couple of long trips to make before I can get them changed.

Since the noise is only slight and happens only with slight brake pressure, should the car be still safe to drive for a bit?

For what its worth, the car was serviced 2 weeks ago by Honda who said I would have to get the pads replaced next service (in 10,000 Km, 6 months)

Thanks, PandA
If it's coming from the rears read this: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19594

ACCORD EX
09-16-2003, 11:36 AM
you can simply wash your front wheels without taking them off ! try that ! because sometimes brake dust causes this sound !

Mike !