PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!Help with dash

StUpiD8000
08-18-2003, 07:52 AM
:eek: I took out my dash and in the reinstall I had a brain fart....How do you get that damn metal wire for the vents (the one in the mid. of the two vents)back in.........

Mike's89AccordLX
08-18-2003, 08:27 AM
I don't know how to help you, but do you know if it was easy to get at the antenna motor without the dash? How hard was it to remove it (hours?)

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-18-2003, 02:49 PM
StUpiD8000:

The cable should be attached with some sort of clip or it should have a piece on the end that engages at the vents. Just look at the lever mechanism from the back and you should see how the cable hooks into it. (I took it appart a long time ago so I don't remember exactly how it holds in)

Mike's89AccordLX:

Without the dash, getting at the motor is a piece of cake. With the dash it gets to be a big PITA. If you are not very large, you can squeeze in and lay between the pedals to get the motor out. It is held on by only one bolt so it isn't tough to remove it. Approximate time: 1 hour maximum if you have no idea where everything is. The second time I had to remove it, I was done in about 1/2 hour.

I hope you find this reply helpful.

StUpiD8000
08-18-2003, 07:24 PM
I'm talking about the cable between the vents in the middle of the dash. To disconnect the cable, you have to have the left vent out. To put the left vent back in, you have to have the dash out... and to have the cable in, you have to have the dash in. My problem is how do I get the cable in, with the dash and the vent in.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-20-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty big so I think taking the dash out is my solution.