PDA

View Full Version : my steering wheel vibrates when stopping

Chrome_thangs
04-30-2002, 10:12 PM
when i press the brake at high speeds the wheel has a tendency to shimmy and pull to one side, not drasticlly but enough for me to notice?

anchovies
04-30-2002, 10:21 PM
could be your rotors are warped

DarknessRS
04-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Yep, you might want to take them in for a grinding. But they should still be fine under normal driving for the next few thousand miles. Mine have been like that for almost a year now. Once they start doing that at lower speeds is when they really need to be replaced.

ACCORD EX
05-01-2002, 12:42 AM
my dad always used to say that when a car pulls to one side while braking so one of the pads ain''t adjusted well ! just an idea ! :)

MIKE

InfinityAudioLXi
05-01-2002, 04:48 AM
It could be ur rotors, i just replaced mine and it doesn't wabble at all now.

MoonScryer
05-01-2002, 05:05 AM
It's also a good idea to find out why they warped. I went through two sets before discovering it was my wheel/hub bearings. Replaced them, and it's been fine since. Course, if you hit your brakes hard at high speed, you will warp the rotors as well....

carotman
05-01-2002, 05:30 AM
yup, like everyone else said it's pretty comon for Hondas to HAve Warped rotors (they are better on the 88-89 LX-i)

You can always replace them or get them resurfaced.

volvohonda83
05-01-2002, 08:57 AM
My car also does some weird shimmying when I stop, not always at high speeds though. But it also shakes the entire car, and i have a weird vacuum problem where I have to get the car below 20 miles/hour so a vacuum can kick in. If I don't do that, and hit the gas, my RPM's will shoot up a thousand or two before going back to normal, and my car will sort of jump. Anybody know what this is?

89accordmeister
05-03-2002, 07:51 AM
I had the same problem...mine was a combination of calipers and rotors....i replaced both rotors and calipers.....its all good now...if my car would stop stallin, i would be set