PDA

View Full Version : sunroof

Juan Medina
08-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Do you guys think that it is possible to install a fully electrical sunroof on a car that doesn't have one thanks.

Vinny
08-18-2003, 01:39 PM
anything can be done for a price......but I think the price on this ones way to high

Juan Medina
08-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Thanks bro sunroofs are cool but maybe I'll keep mine the same way.:crying:

RobT5580
08-18-2003, 06:07 PM
I have done it in my other coupe. The sunroof itself was about $350 from Streetbeatcustoms. My only negative thought on the whole thing is the glass opens outside of the car and only actually opens about 65% of the way. But it was a great upgrade considering i didnt have a sunroof before and i hate the pop up style sunroofs. I was looking to sell the sunroof before but im holding out until my girlfriend gets a new car since she is driving it for now.

But if you do by a sunroof try to find one that the glass goes in the car cause it will open all the way. The only downfall is i think you may need to do some work on the headliner to make it function properly and not hit. The install is not bad the worst part is pulling out your headliner to cut the roof.

Mike89Accordcom
08-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah aftermarket electrical to me sucked. I had a popup put in my Accord which can come off in 2 seconds if I want. Also electrical are very expensive.

Juan Medina
08-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Mike is right electrical is cool but is to expensive the pop up is much easy to install and less expensive I'm keeping it original I might sell my ride.:D

RobT5580
08-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Actually the electrical sunroof is the same amount of work with the exception of running one power wire to the unit. But their are some electric sunroofs that are very similar to a factory sunroof with the exception of having a frame on the roof line as of honda's are molded in the metal so they dont have any over hang on the roof.