PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound with moonroof

bill
08-18-2003, 05:09 PM
I have an 1987 Honda Accord LX-i. First heres the problem---When I try to open or close the moonroof I hear a clicking sound coming from the relays under the front passenger seat. The moonroof does not open or close unless I use the wrench & physically have to open it with the cranky thing above the back seat. My Question is---What is the clicking sound and how do I fix it so that the roof will work again?

Second Question--- If it has something to do with the moonroof motor where is the motor located? How do I take out the motor? Any information would be helpful
Bill:confused:

88LXi/87CRXSi
08-18-2003, 05:22 PM
Before you start tearing into everything, did you check fuse #3 (30amp) in the underhood fuse/relay box? :confused:

bill
08-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Yes I did the fuse was not blown.

88LXi/87CRXSi
08-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh well, just thought I'd check and see if you had checked it. Best thing to do is download the body electrical section of the service manual to get the tests for the switches, relays, and motor. Might also be a bad ground too. Here's the thread with the link to Paul's site with the manual:where to find a downloadable Service Manual ? (http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?threadid=7283)

bigpoppa88
08-18-2003, 08:41 PM
if the window is binding somehow the motor will "click". Check the rubber seal around the window, I now on mine about 50% of the time the rubber will bind and I'll hear the clicking, just have to go forward then backward again. The moonroof motor is clicking, the motor is in the headliner behind the window opening above the rear passengers heads. Notice the button (manual crank) in the headliner, that is exactly where the motor is.

bill
08-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I know but mine won't move at all whatsoever, unless I crank it