PDA

View Full Version : Hey all! Got some questions!

Sherlock87LXI
08-18-2003, 06:25 PM
My name is Andrew I live in north idaho just outside spokane.
I bought my 87 accord in dec of 2002 with 197000 miles on it.
I have 207k now. i used to have an 85 accord 2 door, and loved it till it died (me running it into the ground). got the car for 1500 after interest and all fees.
I have quite a few problems with it and here i go.
1. sunroof leaks (know how to fix just need to do it.)
2. AC gone. (again... time needed.)
3. my wipers dont shut off with out pulling the fuse out, this may hvae been random... but it happened when i jumped my car one night and my friend pulled the wrong wire off first and the wipers have been going ever since... i can pull the fuse out... but oh yeah. THERE GOES THE WINDOWS... figures.( need help on this )
4. Spedometer is off. not the cord or anything, because a trusted mechanic checked it and said that it was only related to the nny and engine... telling me that it has either been tweeked... or replaced... and most likly the latter.
5. leaks oil out the drain plug and at the valve cover. (time and money for this one.)
6. some drunk guy hit my door and i got money for it .... but i needed money more then fixed dent. (gonna get off of parts car... time needed)

Have access to another 87 LXI parts car... but its thrashed... gold but....thrashed.

some one drove my car and said that it has a racing tranny in it... i didnt believe him... but then that might explain the speedometer inaccuracy.

Well thats me...

out

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-18-2003, 06:29 PM
save your money and buy a New engine.

Sherlock87LXI
08-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Well what kinda engine would you recommend?
.... (going to look on tranny and engine to see if he can find numbers for his current ones)

**EDIT**
hmm cant find numbers on engine...
Where are they?

johndej
08-18-2003, 06:53 PM
its an A20 and FI since you've got an LX-I. hmm..... does the parts car run?

Sherlock87LXI
08-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Parts car... erm.... argh. My dad (yes i have to ask him...)says hes still trying to get it.
not fur sure yet.
but he was told that it ran when it was parked... and that there is front end damage and no front driver wheel.
i was told this... DONT ASK JUST TAKE
now i just have to get it.
LX-I if i recall...

Im just gonna keep the door for the one that was hit.

**EDIT**
Heres the deal
i can still get the car im told... but alas, no where to put it.
HEHE that will take me 2 days. then ill have a parts car.

Do any of you have any idea where to start on my wiper problem?? Its annoying haveing to play with the fuse when i wanna use wipers/change window and sunroof position.

HELP!

out

NXRacer
08-19-2003, 07:47 AM
4 - sounds like you might have a prelude tranny maybe.....

5 - your threads are probably stretched. Get a new oil pan and it'll probably solve your problem. If thats too much work, try getting a new drain plug with a good rubber washer on it and that should help curb the leaking problem.