PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagrams

89AccordLXI666
12-23-2002, 11:19 PM
I need the wiring diagrams for the stock wires for the radio in order to hook up my pioneer cd player I don't know where to hook up my remote wire to the stock remote wire cuz i dont know the color of the stock remote wire... thanks for the help, look forward for u 2 help me out

Tim Yoak
12-24-2002, 07:55 AM
;) it depends if your car is fuel injected or carb if it is carb have you cut the factory plug off yet let me know first

POS carb
05-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordLXI666
I need the wiring diagrams for the stock wires for the radio in order to hook up my pioneer cd player I don't know where to hook up my remote wire to the stock remote wire cuz i dont know the color of the stock remote wire... thanks for the help, look forward for u 2 help me out

the remote wire doesn't exist in your car unless you have some sort of factory outboard amp (like bose/infinity factory systems)
It's there to run to your amplifier if you have one

Tim Yoak
05-23-2003, 05:24 AM
the remote wire that comes out of the head unit is there to turn on some sort of remote device like an amp etc. since an amp is always connected to battery power it has a remote wire that tells it when the head unit is turned on. if it didn't the amp would always draw power and run your battery down. a word of caution, that remote wire is only designed to switch an amp or less, so Never connect it to the amp power wire or anything like that. only connect it to the wire labeled remote lead. if you had an amp without a remote lead you could always use a bosch relay to interupt the current going to the amp, the remote lead would go to the coil side of the relay. :omg: